30 Bananas a Day!

http://foodhospital.channel4.com/the-truth-about/videos/episode/the...

Ok, so this guy isn't 811 and eats some weird stuff but all the tests they did couldn't find any deficiencies but he still came out and said he was worried about 'authorexia' a new made up word he'd only just heard and said the occasional mars bar wouldn't do any harm!!!

Is it any wonder the majority of people in the westernised world haven't got a clue about a healthy diet if the so called experts churn out this rubbish on mainstream television.  I've watched quite a few of these shows, the people who go there with various illnesses always get better on their new diets which usually contain lots of fruit and veg, lean meat and fish etc. and surprise surprise obese people lose weight and their blood pressure/cholesetrol/digestive problems etc. improve.  It makes me wanna scream!!!!!!!

Views: 308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

orthorexia (sounds like paralogism if you ask me, just look at the blatant contradiction of its definition). Yeah its unfortunate, you can tell the guy is really confused and just wants to eat a legitimate and healthy diet, so he's definitely susceptible to manipulation from these type of folk. I bet he's not feeling 100% because he's probably not eating enough and eating too much fat, hence why he felt the need to go on that show. 

I wish I could track him down and point him in this direction, at the moment he's probably over half way to healthy - if he listens to that kind of expert advice he'll be way back down that road.

Omg, this is why people think I'm nuts! There was another Food Hospital on last night with a fruitarian guy, did anyone see that?

That was great. The guy gets a blood test and has no deficiencies, so they then go on to tell him he's at risk of deficiencies (...!!!...) then to top that off, they tell him he might have a condition that is not medically recognised (...!!!???...) and finish off with a nice little product placement plug for Mars bars.

Well done Foodhospital guys! You rule...

The guy they interviewed is a member here. He replied in this other thread...

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/the-food-hospital-uk-tv-p...

Lovely, thanks!

Pretty sure it was a different person although I wasn't able to view the most recent clip (from the other thread with Maryn)  This guys name was Ian and he didn't sound like he did 811 - he was eating raw eggs, protein powders, etc

Yup they are 2 different guys

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Nerada replied to Nerada's discussion I miss it... so much...
1 minute ago
Atreju replied to Nerada's discussion I miss it... so much...
4 minutes ago
4 minutes ago
5 minutes ago
10 minutes ago
Atreju replied to Nerada's discussion I miss it... so much...
10 minutes ago
13 minutes ago
13 minutes ago
14 minutes ago
20 minutes ago
Peter left a comment for Ty Bennett
50 minutes ago
Dusty replied to Dusty's discussion Sharp pain in right temple since starting Rawtil4
53 minutes ago
Peter left a comment for Ty Bennett
54 minutes ago
Peter and Ty Bennett are now friends
55 minutes ago
Mike replied to Sarah Hal's discussion Almost died when I saw this option!!!
58 minutes ago
Mike replied to Sarah Hal's discussion Almost died when I saw this option!!!
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service