30 Bananas a Day!

This 30BaD post is for support and inspiration. IT IS FOR EVERYONE. (Yes, you!) Everyone (you) can use it either as a daily exercise journal, a place to post sporadic exercise episodes or events, sources for valuable exercise information or injury prevention, or a place to simply chat and cheer everyone on. It's a place for everyone (you) to feel accepted and loved and encouraged.  It's a place for everyone (you) to feel at home.

Tags: fitness, love, support

Views: 48947

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

:)

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Yesterday's exercise was giving a newcomer a tour of my Brooklyn neighborhood on foot. I took her around to see all the food shops, yoga spots, train stops, etc.

Today I am visiting an Animal Sanctuary in New Jersey called "For the Animals".

I'm very excited about this. I went to a museum farm (in Queens) a few weeks back & loved it. But it was still a bit sad that that the animals weren't treated very nicely (with electric fences) & are sold as food (or used to be). So today should be a much more pleasant experience because it's a sanctuary. The animals just get to be loved & helped.

Happy lil goat!  Clearly getting into the rustic hayseed spirit of things by munching on that sprig.  Give him (or one of his brethren) a pat for me. 

You said it, Sita :)

Play: 

ran about a mile to the park

CC:  Step 8:  Hanging Frog Raise 2/9, 12

not quite a tough as I thought they would be.  Should be able to progress in good order.

then onto some soft baseball grass for barefoot mobility drills of skipping, side stepping, side cross steps, backward runs, etc.

followed by Tabata style sprints, 3 cycles of 8 rounds each (so 12 min total):  

first 10sec rest/20 sec sprint; then 10/10; and finally 10/5

interspersed were a bunch of cartwheels, about 70 for the day

ended with a series of at least 160 various kicks and leg strikes

and deep yogic stretching

Was actually able to elbow and hand bind the king pigeon pose on both sides!  Not the prettiest thing in the world, as I looked a bit torqued like this guy, but it felt good to get my Gumby on.

How great you could bind the pigeon WL! Your term gumby inspired me for my yoga for today:

Slept in, couldn't get moving at first, but forced myself to go for a walk, felt better and did even some running which went fine. Few days ago I was limping, amazing :)

So this walk was 4 km and then thought to give my legs a treat with 30 min Gumby Legs yoga class. Splits only needs a little more stretching of the back leg.

Monday+Tuesday will be busy days, probably will be doing the 8 pieces of qigong and/or 24 forms of taichi for maintenance. (A pool to dive into would also be nice for a wo, but they're not common to have in the Dutch climate.)

Have a wonderful Sunday all!!

WL! Congrats my Gumby friend. :)

And....

Hi Everyone! Not sure what I will be doing for exercise today. I'm just going to flow with the day & see what comes out of it.

I do have some exciting news though. I looked into possible exercises options in my neighborhood that I could be excited about. I found this placethis place (click on links). I think I want to dance. And possible try a month of unlimited classes at one place, & a 10 class card at the other place. Not sure which one I'll try first. I have jury duty coming up. So that is putting a pinch in my schedule & making things hard to plan. I might go with the 10 class card first, because it might make things easier.

I also posted a blog post. Today is Sunday! You can check it out by clicking here. <--

Have a great Sunday everyone!

UPDATE:

Today I am going to try an African cardio class called Bahzookah.

It's like an African Zumba. I'm guessing. I'll know for sure tonight.

Later Gators!

Aimee loves to dance and that's no croc!  How was the class?

Have family visting as I noted, so not quite as active as usual, but still keeping busy with walking, a bit of biking, some pool antics, a touch of yoga, and CC and pullups the past couple days, as well as a bunch of stair jumps.  

Oh man, it was GREAT! I almost threw up two times because I foolishly ate a big avocado salad an hour before class. Plus, it's a very intense class & I found myself getting rather spent after really fast dance moves/intervals. I'm out of shape/fitness! But with that aside, :) I really liked the dance center, the instructor, the moves & the music. I will definitely be going back! I'm so happy that I found it. And it's only a 15 - 20 minute walk from my apartment.

Today I try a new class (at the same dance center) called Congocize. I think it is also an African cardio dance class like Zumba. It starts in an hour, so I'll be leaving soon.... later Gators! ;D) Xx!

UPDATE:

Wow! That class was SO GOOD! I think it was the best class I have ever taken. Ever.

(And this time, I only had fruit before the class. So that helped as well. -phew.)

The class covered everything. It was so well-rounded ...& so much fun!

I definitely think I found my workout spot for the rest of the year. It's going to be this dance center. No doubt about it.

Great to hear!  I know you've enjoyed various dance styles over the years, but have never extolled one quite this much.  Muss be good :)

How's your head (and neck, was it?) and paw feeling, Sita?

Play: morn

30 min Adi backbends and balance yoga +

about 15 more min split stretching

eve:  

55min group Insanity Max Plyo.  Sweet suffering plain and simple.

Bonus for the day:  my entire visiting family watched Forks Over Knives together!  Who knows where it will lead, but all journeys must start with the first step right?

This is one pointing in the right direction for sure.

Still have to get FoK, but I have 3x The Rave Diet with dvd's for family/friends to share once they're ready :)  Great that they're interested WL! 

Nice croc :) is making a mess there...but grape droppings are not bad.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Vegan Elliot replied to Chirpy Turtle's discussion How can I persuade my doctor that I don't need that much fat?
9 minutes ago
Profile IconEva Simpson, Matthew Paul James Foster, glehman and 16 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
39 minutes ago
Nate Dalliard replied to Nate Dalliard's discussion High-Carb-Vegan-Forum in the group 80/10/10 Switzerland Schweiz Suisse
1 hour ago
Tom Portlock and mainefitlife are now friends
1 hour ago
Dr Joberry Sweet replied to ♥ AimeeLovesYou's discussion Spring Into Action! Log your training here :)
1 hour ago
Orion Harmon commented on Anna's blog post Knee problem
1 hour ago
Orion Harmon commented on Anna's blog post Knee problem
1 hour ago
Nick M Godovanny replied to Nick M Godovanny's discussion cholesterol and testosterone
2 hours ago
MistyRaw's photo was featured
2 hours ago
Dr Joberry Sweet replied to ♥ AimeeLovesYou's discussion Spring Into Action! Log your training here :)
2 hours ago
2 hours ago
ves lauder commented on M ♦'s group Banana Islanders
2 hours ago
Viktorija commented on Pete Obregón's photo
2 hours ago
Daniel L replied to Lady Stardust's discussion Detox symptoms on raw till 4pm + 2 more questions
2 hours ago
chocolatey replied to chocolatey's discussion WEIGHT GAIN & HOW LONG WILL IT LAST???
2 hours ago
glehman posted a photo
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service