I'm sorry to be posting a fairly negative discussion this side of the holidays, but I have the option of having my single small metal filling replaced this week and really want to advice.
Is it worth it, I have no idea how dangerous the removal procedure is - I feel fantastic at the moment and have done for months, I don't want to put myself back in health paces.
Will it make any difference? Will the alternative white filling be any better for me, and what sort of after detoxing will i have to monitor?
Am I being neurotic, am I putting myself through an unessicary procedure - as I said I feel amazing super happy. However this thing in my mouth feels like the last thing going against my philosophy and this lifestyle.
I wish you all the very best over the next few weeks, please leave your comments if you have the time!
Metal fillings done in the US, I know, are all mercury, usually mixed w/ lead. NOT good. Yes, you should def. have it removed if it's a toxic heavy metal. And yes, they leech into your body and destroy your stomach. Me, my husband and even my two young kids I was preggo w/ are now trying to get well from metal me and my husband had in my mouth, previously.
The best source for info. on this is the Adult Chelation Yahoo discussion group. Also, here are a couple of videos to get you started on info. Are you in the states? I'll list a site with a search engine that can tell you a mercury-free dentist who can remove it in your area.
All the best and if you want more deets from me, I will be happy to provide. We've been through hell and back with dental metal - mercury fillings as well as a titanium implant I had removed a few mos ago.
(We had more than you do, but it still should come out if it was done in the states. I believe all 'metal' fillings are mercury' and even if not - metal should NEVER be in your mouth. The longer it remains, the more it does, in fact, leech into the system.)
I know I sound a little crazy on this, but I can provide hoards more reliable info./studies.
All the best.
Just saw you're in UK. This should provide merc.-safe dentists or lead you to some: http://www.foodmatters.tv/_webapp/Practitioner%20Directory
So what did you decide, Jon?
for those who elect to remove, proper qualified removal is a must. Otherwise, you can get extremely sick.
Starting around 21:00 in this film, you'll see some eye-opening amalgam info
Get them removed. Get a bio-compatibility test(blood draw) for compatible replacements. Go to a dentist that specializes in safe amalgam removal. They should give you Oxygen, use rubber dams, lots of suction/water, high speed/sharp drills, IV(or heavy supplementary) vitamin C, IV or oral sedation, and vacuum room ventilation as minimum precautions.
Mercury is the MOST POISON non-radioactive element in nature! The "Authorities" will tell you they are safe but they are LYING! They know better. Anyone who knows anything about chemistry knows how horrific mercury can be, and dentists know about chemistry. They chose to stick their heads in the sand to avoid lawsuits and loss of income. Amalgams have already been banned in several countries so why would they do this? Mercury has been directly linked to many health problems mostly autoimmune issues and cancer.
Just make sure you do your research and find a good honest dentist. You may have to go out of country but its worth it. MOST dentists will not do this correctly and may seriously compromise your health.
There are hundreds of dental filling materials that are used to replace amalgams. This is why you NEED to get the bio-compatibility test. I was tested and found to be "highly reactive" to mercury, nickel, aluminum, and many of the replacement materials as well. So don't just put "any old thing" in your teeth. There are some really good replacements that are known to last at least 20 years if done correctly(find good dentist).
Don't worry one small filling will be easy and be cheap to fix.
Here are some links on the subject.
Peace,love, and good luck...
P.S. @Freelee: Get your amalgams removed! Love N Respect...