30 Bananas a Day!

Hiya :)

This is definately an off topic conversation.

Just wanting to be more o-natural and thought I'd see what all of the 811ers use for deodorant?

I'm wanting something more natural.

Also, When I shave, I ALWAYS get little pimples under my arms that look and feel gross...anyone have any advice???

Tags: food, raw

Views: 5984

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My sweat doesn't smell on this diet and so I don't use deodorant normally. I will if I'm going on a plane because I have had to sit next to someone on a plane with really bad BO.
I think "The body Shop" has some natural deodorant. I'm going to try that one out..i too tried toms..it's ok..not the best but better than anti-perspiration deodorants at least...
i rub slices of lime under my arms when i think i may be smelling later in the day  (due to nervousness/stress, etc). however, i have noticed with 811 that i only smell under stressful conditions or in unfamiliar social settings, not just on a daily basis or from working out :)
good point about the nervousness and stress causing smelly pitts! I notice that that happens to me also! xx

oh I had to stop shaving! It was irritating my skin to the point where I got boils on my armpits! yup. It SUCKED. Go for an electric shaver! that's what I use now. At first the doctor said to do waxing, and I did for a while, it doesn't hurt me, but was too much effort and messiness. I then found out about the electric shavers and made life easier! Better than shaving imo. I quickly go to the bathroom, turn it on, shave up really quick and done. You don't need a cream or anything.

As for deoderant I don't smell. It's not because of my high fruit eating now, I think it's just my genes, idk.

Wow thankyou all so much for your replies! So much to choose from. I am slowly making steps towards 811 as my book is still on its way in the post. can't wait for the day I don't smell!!!!!!!

Did you find something amazing which has worked for you, in the end? :)

[Here is my blockquote to your post:/]

I haven't used deodorant for a few years now..... I just wash with water if I need.
From a man’s’ point of view - I believe that the main reasoning to this is body hair, as the perspiration dry's on the hair - besides the potential obvious if one carries excess body fat (excess bf being a common cause of excessive perspiration - unless they medically have over active glands or something..), or even drugs, etc. I do trim so; I think this is the reason why I keep so "fresh" I suppose. Plus I have very low BF and keep healthy.
It is interesting to read all of the alternatives, advice and experiences though.

If I ever feel I need deodorant (which is rare) I use spit :) The enzymes kill the bacteria that cause odor. I still shave....I have an epilator but don't use it because of the in-grown hair issue. I liked it other than that, though....maybe will go back to it for the underarms...

yes, it doesn't seem to cause that problem ( at least not for me... ) on the underarms... x
hmm, neat idea. might try that next time I'm a little stinky. The spit that is, not the epilator.
Interesting.  Might try that next time.  Peace, PK
Dont use anyting, dont need if you eat low fat, no body odour even if i dont have a shower for a few days or even a week.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

HighCarbPaul left a comment for Jamal Hunter
5 minutes ago
ednshell replied to Whitney Chao's discussion Myth busting the "Meat for bigger brains"
9 minutes ago
ednshell replied to Whitney Chao's discussion Myth busting the "Meat for bigger brains"
14 minutes ago
16 minutes ago
Jamal Hunter left a comment for HighCarbPaul
18 minutes ago
ednshell replied to Rawprincess834's discussion do calories really matter?
21 minutes ago
HighCarbPaul left a comment for Jamal Hunter
24 minutes ago
HighCarbPaul and Jamal Hunter are now friends
25 minutes ago
Herro World posted a video

Picking oritos thats Golden Baby BANANAS

lol Sorry to say duuh i love you all
29 minutes ago
Ben L posted videos
29 minutes ago
Ronnie Smith posted a video

Discover How To Be A High Energy Parent With Kevin Cosmo

https://www.highenergyparenting.com "Parents are the most clear and present role models for their children and that's what I see my role as: to demonstrate w...
29 minutes ago
Lien Trebor posted a video

David Wolfe With a 9 Year Old Vegan

David Wolfe With a 9 Year Old Vegan. Watch out for the hucksters and snake oil sellers cause they are still going strong. Watch out for people selling you pr...
29 minutes ago
Douglass Pinkard replied to Elle Connell's discussion When do you stop gaining weight on raw til 4?
31 minutes ago
Douglass Pinkard replied to Elle Connell's discussion When do you stop gaining weight on raw til 4?
53 minutes ago
Rebecca Greef and Anneliese are now friends
53 minutes ago
Vegetable Police replied to Whitney Chao's discussion Myth busting the "Meat for bigger brains"
54 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service