30 Bananas a Day!

Hi,
My tooth hurts everytime I brush my teeth. So I went to my dentist today, thinking I had a hole from eating too many dates. Turns out I don't have holes and that my teeth are looking better than ever! Yay!
The dentist told me that the reason some of my teeth are hurting, is because I have very sensitive teeth. With age (by the way, I'm only 19), it can happen, that your gums recede a bit and reveal parts of your teeth that were covered by your gums before. Those areas become very sensitive when eating sweets (I feel it when I eat dates), sour food and when brushing your teeth. He gave me a fluoride toothpaste and told me to use it 4x a week.

Does anyone have any other alternatives, or should I just throw away the fluoride paste and just ignore the pain?

And maybe someone has a little more information on sensitive teeth? Like, if it can also come from diet, too much brushing etc.?

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I had this problem originally but it went when I took Durianrider advice and rinsed my mouth with water after eating and stay hydrated throughout the day. Also make sure you floss too :-)

Hope that helps

Rich

Yes, I should probably be more regular with flossing, hahaha. Thanks for the Durianrider tip:) I was kinda hoping that eating more fruit, that a diet very high in water would clean teeth sufficiently, but I think the dates get in the way of that.

The water simply neutralises the acid :-)

Only anecdotal, but supposedly organic wheatgrass rinsing for 5 minutes twice a day has taken care of some drastic dental issues from many stories I've read. Just mix 1/4 teaspoon with a shot of water. A tub is like 25 bucks but will last for months with that small amount.

I'm currently trying myself. Second day, and my molars are definitely less sensitive.

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Peter commented on Ben Trovato's video
5 hours ago
Hema Ghosh posted a blog post
6 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Vegan Rice & Veggie Dinner

Vegan rice and fresh veggie dinners are one of my favorites! I usually fix between one to two cups of rice, add lettuce, tomatoes, whatever vegetables I have...
19 hours ago
Ben Trovato posted videos
19 hours ago
Profile Iconfruit faery and Robert Gray joined 30 Bananas a Day!
19 hours ago
ednshell replied to z a b's discussion Is it possible to change my username?
19 hours ago
Jeff Ferguson and Brooke Hammer are now friends
Friday
Kim and Nav Gosal are now friends
Friday
ednshell left a comment for June Summer
Thursday
Profile IconJune Summer, Rebecca and Misty LoPresti joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Courtney Beth replied to S3MPIT3RNAL vids's discussion Somebody please answer
Thursday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Thursday
ednshell replied to S3MPIT3RNAL vids's discussion Somebody please answer
Thursday
Dominic replied to S3MPIT3RNAL vids's discussion Somebody please answer
Thursday
Peter's photo was featured
Thursday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Vegan Tokyo Bowls!

My dad and I made vegan Tokyo Bowls! I got the recipe from the Forks Over Knives family book. We used some veggies we had on hand, couscous, quinoa and made ...
Thursday

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service