30 Bananas a Day!

Hi,
My tooth hurts everytime I brush my teeth. So I went to my dentist today, thinking I had a hole from eating too many dates. Turns out I don't have holes and that my teeth are looking better than ever! Yay!
The dentist told me that the reason some of my teeth are hurting, is because I have very sensitive teeth. With age (by the way, I'm only 19), it can happen, that your gums recede a bit and reveal parts of your teeth that were covered by your gums before. Those areas become very sensitive when eating sweets (I feel it when I eat dates), sour food and when brushing your teeth. He gave me a fluoride toothpaste and told me to use it 4x a week.

Does anyone have any other alternatives, or should I just throw away the fluoride paste and just ignore the pain?

And maybe someone has a little more information on sensitive teeth? Like, if it can also come from diet, too much brushing etc.?

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I had this problem originally but it went when I took Durianrider advice and rinsed my mouth with water after eating and stay hydrated throughout the day. Also make sure you floss too :-)

Hope that helps

Rich

Yes, I should probably be more regular with flossing, hahaha. Thanks for the Durianrider tip:) I was kinda hoping that eating more fruit, that a diet very high in water would clean teeth sufficiently, but I think the dates get in the way of that.

The water simply neutralises the acid :-)

Only anecdotal, but supposedly organic wheatgrass rinsing for 5 minutes twice a day has taken care of some drastic dental issues from many stories I've read. Just mix 1/4 teaspoon with a shot of water. A tub is like 25 bucks but will last for months with that small amount.

I'm currently trying myself. Second day, and my molars are definitely less sensitive.

RSS

30BaD Search

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service