30 Bananas a Day!

Anyone have any 811 friendly recipes for carob powder? I just ordered a bag on amazon and am craving something "chocolately" :)

Views: 939

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When i'm craving something chocolatey, carob is exactly what i reach for.  You might try blending up a tablespoon or so with some soaked Medjool dates for a nice sauce. Can then be used as a topping for chopped bananas, frozen banana ice cream, or just licked off the spoon.

So yummy! Have fun!

P.S. Add just enough water to the dates and carob to reach the sauce consistency you'd like. I like mine really thick, almost pudding like. Then, before washing out my blender, i scrape down the sides with a spatula. Reminds me so much of "licking the bowl" when i was a kid. That's my favorite part. Enjoy!

Yes. 

I made this last night as i was craving it after i wrote this. Soaked dates with carob and the soak water. Made a yummy pudding and i ate it as is. Oh, i forgot! I also added in a banana.  Made it very creamy.

I'll probably make it again tonight.

P.S. I've also tried Megan McDonnell's recipe on this site for Strawberry-Filled Brownie Bites using just raisins, dates, carob, and strawberries. I made these and they are so DELICIOUS. Especially good to satisfy a sweet/chocolate craving!

The Strawberry-filled Brownie Bites sound amazing :) definitely making those once I order some dates!
Heya Love where can I find that recipe?? I have trouble blending dates with anything they dont blend properly they are always chunky :(
Hey Alycia! Just saw that you live in NRH. I'm your neighbour here in Grapevine. Nice to meet you!
sounds delish! i'm currently out of dates, but i'll definitely try this when i get more! :)
Any recipes with Carob powder that don't include dates? I'm out of them at the moment:(
Just add it too banana 'ice cream'. Use lady fingers for a really nice taste. Also if you are eating overts add durian. Yum!!
I don't eat bananas, and I've never tried durian, but I'll see if I can find some :) Thanks!
Those sound SO good! I'm going on a hunt for dates tomorrow so I can make these ASAP :)

youtube Megan Elizabeth Strawberry filled brownie bites, My computer is not letting me paste right now. They are really good and you can ommit the coconut if you want, add more carob if you want it to be richer :)

Someone else actually suggested that too! Thanks :)

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Bette E. Murphy replied to vegan witch Ⓥ's discussion Melatonin + BANANAS + unbelieveable stuff
7 hours ago
Rachel Rosen is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
yesterday
Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid replied to Mikaela's discussion Thinking about going completely raw
Sunday
Theastrobuddhist posted a status
"Getting ready for my morning run then a 15banana smoothie"
Sunday
Matiss Vijups posted discussions
Sunday
fruity78 commented on Marina's group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Sunday
Plant Based Senior's photo was featured
Friday
Profile IconTheastrobuddhist, Megan Marie, skyler choudhary and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
Ben Trovato posted videos
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Bitcoin Futures And The Need For Control #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2BSsFPE"
Thursday
Peter posted a status
"been busy,just finished picking 2 tonne approx. of yummy stonefruit ,I had to feed a lot to the geese there was so much,will postphoto soon"
Dec 7
Ed Foulds and Love Banana are now friends
Dec 6
Ben Trovato replied to Mikaela's discussion Thinking about going completely raw
Dec 6
Ben Trovato posted a status
"New videos"
Dec 6
Ben Trovato posted a status
"Persimmons biatch"
Dec 6

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by