30 Bananas a Day!

Hey everyone :)

I just found out that i am pregnant :D Really happy about it, but also a bit nervous since i am new to this way of eating. Am i eating enough etc...?

Anyone else that have experience or are pregnant here, living this lifestyle? :)

Una <3

Views: 323

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

First off, many congratulations on your expected.  We can't wait to meet him or her :)

Here's some info from our Welcome Wagon especially for moms-to-be like yourself:

30BaD Babies

Baby Baby  Posted by Peacekeeper Windlord.  Happy that some of our members are making romantic connections and have been visited by the stork!

A beautiful birthing blog:  Lotus Blooming: Birthing the Conscious Family

During pregnancy, continue to eat a low fat diet. High fat diets cause increased risks of gestational diabetes, high blood sugar, candida and yeast infection problems,  and or big babies. 

With time, pregnancy will cause an increased need for calories, so if one is eating 811 lfrv, their protein and fat intake will automatically increase as the calorie intake increases.

Thanks, I will definatly check it out :) nAnd thank you for the tips, still very new to this and just in the middle of first trimaster. So I appreciate all help :)

News to me.  What reasons for this have you heard?

From what I've seen, raw vegan mothers tend to bounce back to their previous bodies and energy levels quicker than average. 

I will say for some, 1st trimester nausea is awful and you will eat anything or nothing or weird stuff or... honestly it depends. I couldn't STAND fruit or anything sweet for 4 weeks, so sad. Two pregnancies. But, by 2nd trimester, I ate tons of fruit, juiced often, had lots of green smoothies, did more of a Raw til 4 most days, occasionally remembered a prenatal vitamin or had a Vega-powder smoothie with bananas. My son was a healthy home birth and is now a sweet toddler. His sibling is due late summer. Congrats to you! I'd like to add that 1)I ate LOTS of papayas and mangoes and pineapples (just don't eat green or underripe fruits, some are abortifacients/not good for growing embryo); and 2) pregnant women in the modern world to day are suuuuuper obsessed with PROTEIN and seem to only care about this one thing. IMO you can ignore the recommended 80mg of protein or whatever, just eat fresh foods as often as you like, get exercise, READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN, stay positive, and remember that vegan babies are born every day all over the world :D

i am already a small/slim person, but yes, I definitely bounced back. I actually have never been so skinny or hungry than while breastfeeding an infant, oh wow! I think I looked pre-preg within a week or two after birth, but I was lacking in tone and super exhausted and never sleeping and... new motherhood was a serious rollercoaster for me. I'm glad I never stopped reading though, especially about all things natural-birth related.

bump

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

November 11th Fruitluck Montage

We had a nice group at Maximo Park for a Fruitluck! The weather in St. Pete was great and so was the fruit! Mangoes, golden kiwi, grapes and much more! If yo...
20 hours ago
Ben Trovato posted videos
20 hours ago
Kate Mills is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
20 hours ago
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. posted a discussion
Thursday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. replied to Sérgio Filipe Meireles Soares's discussion Fruit Diet doubt
Thursday
Rawberry replied to Rawberry's discussion Poop like sand?
Thursday
ednshell replied to Rawberry's discussion Poop like sand?
Thursday
Rawberry posted a discussion
Thursday
Wednesday
LRoland is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Toby Nwazor is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Monday
ednshell commented on Cassie K's blog post I grew a LOT of food this year on less land
Monday
ednshell commented on Plant Based Senior's video
Monday
Monday
Alexa's photo was featured
Monday
ednshell replied to Eli's discussion What's up guys? Seeking raw vegan support system
Monday

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service