30 Bananas a Day!

My name is Kai. 

I think I found out about 80/10/10 about 5 or 6 years ago? I did a couple 30 day challenges, but ended up doing what is essentially what rawtill4 is now, because that's generally a little cheaper. 

Then, life happened. I left my ex, who was a jerk (and would also lie to people and tell them he was vegan for "cool points" but then eat fish and chicken and cheese) and then, of course, I had to move. Then I didn't have much money for food, or any space to store fruits, so I had to start eating basically a vegan version of SAD. (Did you know Dollar Tree sells vegan veggie burgers in a box of 4 for $1? Very cringe-worthy, but at least I could stay vegan. I definitely would not recommend eating that stuff, though.)

Anyway, this part gets complicated, but to simplify it, I did meet someone better. He was basically everything I wanted in a relationship. Except... he was not healthy, at all. He smoked, drunk alcohol, started drinking coffee when he was 6, and ate SAD. Actually, probably ate something even worse than SAD, if you can imagine that. Imagine the box of 4 veggie burgers for $1.... except not vegan. I don't want to know what was in most of what he ate. Needless to say, he had some health problems, and some severe mental illnesses. (Severe depression and anxiety.)

Then I moved in with him!

Fast forward to today, we're married. I helped him get educated on his health. He no longer smokes or drinks, he gave up coffee, and is vegan! Most of his health problems are gone, too. (Including the mental ones) But... some of mine are back as a result of eating a lot of vegan junk food.

We are, however, a little bit better off now. Which is why I'm back here! I'm ready to get back on the raw wagon. (or at least rawtill4 to start out) And he is excited to join me!

I also noticed that it seems to have gotten really quiet here! What's up with that? Is there another forum somewhere, or does no one use forums anymore?

Views: 83

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It is a lot quieter here but still a great place to find like minded people and get questions answered and the wealth of excellent topics covered in discussions is quite unique here, just google 30bananasaday + whatever topic you are interested in.  I think facebook groups and youtube has gotten much of people's attention for vegan and raw topics. 

Kai and ednshell, very interesting about it being quiet on here. I don't have Facebook or a YouTube account, which is why I joined 30BaD, so it's interesting to know that traffic on this forum has slowed down a bit.

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Courtney Beth replied to Katharina's discussion What to do with those dried figs ?
4 hours ago
Plant Based Senior posted a video

Are YOU a Proteinaholic? Book Review by the PlantBased Senior

So, after waiting a couple of weeks for my local library here in Venice, California to order this book, I happily read it in a weekend. If you are looking fo...
11 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

What is a Yellow Dragon Fruit? What does it Taste Like?

Yellow dragon fruit is the best type of dragon fruit I've tried! It's sweeter than any of the other varieties and juicy just like all dragon fruits. Try yell...
11 hours ago
Profile IconAmit Grover and Bette E. Murphy joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Thursday
Courtney Beth replied to Alyssa's discussion Zucchini pasta recipes????
Tuesday
Catalin Sorecau posted a video

Night cross challenge

The 11th edition of Night cross challenge in Cluj-Napoca (Romania); two races, 4k and 10k.
Tuesday
Profile IconBaldean, Rachel Swart, Keira Ballein and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
James Cherian and Alexis Claire are now friends
Nov 19
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

November 11th Fruitluck Montage

We had a nice group at Maximo Park for a Fruitluck! The weather in St. Pete was great and so was the fruit! Mangoes, golden kiwi, grapes and much more! If yo...
Nov 18
Ben Trovato posted videos
Nov 18
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. posted a discussion
Nov 17
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. replied to Sérgio Filipe Meireles Soares's discussion Fruit Diet doubt
Nov 17
Rawberry replied to Rawberry's discussion Poop like sand?
Nov 16
ednshell replied to Rawberry's discussion Poop like sand?
Nov 16
Rawberry posted a discussion
Nov 16

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service