30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone!
I'm heading up to the mountains to go skiing for a couple of days.... I won't have any fruit at all except maybe some from the provided breakfast. Does anyone have any advice on how to stick to Raw Till 4? Is it okay to eat plain white rice or other carbs at lunch if there is nothing else to eat?? Any other advice??

Thanks so much!
Xx

Views: 241

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The most important thing is to carb up. As a backup you can also have cereals for breakfast.

If they provide fruit for breakfast, take some with you. I don't know where you are staying but if it's a normal hotel that has a buffet for guests then by all means take food with you. They won't say anything. We used to take food with us when we stayed at hotels for track meets, saved our broke college butts money.
Thanks everyone! I brought some dates up so hopefully I can get some rice or something for dinner, and I will definitely take some of their fruit haha :)

Carry dates and raisins with you.   Nuts n seeds.  Its ok to eat a little higher fat during this time.  You will be active, and the 10% fat ratio is an average.  So nuts and seeds are light and easy to carry and packed full of minerals and some vitamins.  

I would recommend if possible mono meal on oranges for breakfast or at least the day before you leave.  

If lettuce is served eat lots of that too.  

Peace, PK

I see this is an old discussion, but I'm going skiing for a few days and was thinking about this too. When I know I won't be able to depend on the provided food source for what I want to be eating, I bring it with me. Usually this means bringing a few pounds of dried fruit and sometimes barley grass juice powder, like Daily Green Boost, if I know there won't be enough greens. In terms of dried fruit for calories, I like to take as many non-date calories as I can. I really like nuts.com for buying dried fruit of good quality with no anything added. Their dried mango is fantastic, and I remember the pineapple being great too. I just bought dried bananas (whole!) for the first time and am really looking forward to trying them since the reviews are glowing. On a more trivial note, I also like the idea of bringing dried fruit on the slope because it won't take up as much space as whole fruit, like an apple or orange. I'm planning on just stashing the flat fruit in the side of my hydration pack instead of having to store a whole backpack of lunch in some locker somewhere!

As far as traveling with all this, I have never had a problem getting through airport security (US and abroad) with all this organic material. Usually in the US, they want to run a swab through my bag, and when they see that it's just food, they don't mind, and the chemical analysis they run always says I'm good to go.

I've been using daily green boost, I put it in a blender with carrot juice.  Does it work well to just stir it in your drink?

That sounds tasty! I often don't have access to a blender, and I had trouble dissolving the powder in water by just stirring it, so I used to put it in a jar and shake it. I found it made a mess and I didn't enjoy it as much in just water, so now I cut up ripe oranges and mix in the Daily Green Boost powder. For me, the flavor of the oranges is so much fuller (it's delicious!) and after a large snack like that, I feel pretty well satisfied.

Not so tasty but after a few times it gets easier to take. ;)

Can you ask for extra fruit for breakfast to make it a meal?  And can you do the same for lunch?

Pack fruit!!! Dates are easy to bring. Or grab potatoes and bake, microwave, or roast them!

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicLove posted a photo
39 minutes ago
OrganicLove posted a discussion
57 minutes ago
ednshell replied to Jose Truzman's discussion My New Blog and Book to come out soon!
23 hours ago
Ben Trovato posted a video

Jim Gaffigan - Cheese Joke

Funny Jim Gaffigan joke about cheese and constipation in Wisconsin and the Midwest. + Funny South Park constipation joke. #vegan #carbthef***up Under Section...
23 hours ago
Jennifer Liepin posted a video

Eating Raw Till 4 is Easy Even When on Vacation in Las Vegas!

www.nynomads.com Eating Raw Till 4 in Las Vegas doesn't have to be expensive. Fruit in the Southwest - Nevada and California - generally is pretty cheap! Les...
23 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Listen to the Rain

Taking time to get quiet and listen to the rain (or other peaceful sounds) is invaluable. Close your eyes and listen to what's going on around you. Set aside...
23 hours ago
Stephanie replied to Stan The Fruitman's discussion Dizzy and weak right after eating fruit, fructose intolerance?
yesterday
Jose Truzman posted a discussion
yesterday
Profile IconKamishiro1, Stephanie , Tina Theou and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicLove replied to OrganicLove 's discussion How much does it cost to be on banana island for week?
yesterday
Dominic replied to CoconutJuice's discussion Is juice bad because it doesn't have fibers?
Thursday
Dominic replied to CoconutJuice's discussion Are coconut oil okay to eat?
Thursday
Elin joined Marina's group
Thursday
CoconutJuice posted discussions
Thursday
RawVeganGamer replied to David's discussion Pets anyone?
Thursday
Ginger commented on Ginger's blog post My Secrets of a Svelte and Healthy Body
Wednesday

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service