30 Bananas a Day!

Need help, trying to get back to raw. Coming from cooked foods, got majorly side tracked over 1 yr. now. Getting nailed with lots of migraines & can't keep popping these pills everytime. I really want to succeed this time around. Had 1 great day on Thurs., did great in the morning today, then feed into the cooked food this afternoon. How can I do this, need support. Please advise

Views: 30

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Ryan, I know you get so much advise/suggestions it's hard to figure out. I'm going to try to follow Dr. D. Graham's 80-10-10 book, how can I go wrong with this LOL.

Just need lots of support & what a great site this is, just joined.

See you around :)
Zoe, I'm also trying to "stick" to 80-10-10. I've been trying for 5 years. I'm attempting to model Robby Barbaro (www.robbybarbaro.org). That is, I'm blogging every single thing I eat into my iPhone application. I then post it to an internet blog (rawfiddler.blogspot.com) when I have time so that I can see my progress/failures. Seeing our daily food/exercise logs is crucial to monitoring and adjusting our behavior. Also, I'd recommend punching your numbers into CronOMeter or some other application that crunches calories and the Carb/Protein/Fat ratio. This way, you see your caloric intake. And if you get cravings, you can track down the food intake to help understand the reason behind the cravings.

I've gotten tips galore over the many years I've been trying this program. The bottom line is that you really have to identify why you want this lifestyle and commit to it. That being said:
#1 tip: eat enough calories from sweet fruit.
#2 tip: do something every day to remind yourself why you're becoming a low-fat raw vegan: such as watching youtube videos from Harley, Doug Graham, and others or reading books, listening to audio recordings etc.
#3 tip: Increase exercise

Finally, its best to come to peace with the idea that we don't have to be perfect for a lifetime. We just have to choose the next highest quality meal. If you do fall off the wagon, you're not starting from scratch. If you log your progress in a blog (as I mentioned above), then you can view any slips too. Over the course of a few months or years, slipping a handful of times is NOT FAILING. For example, someone that ate an entire 80-10-10 diet with only a few vegan meals is eating extremely healthy. Heck, for that matter a healthy vegan diet is better than most folks. This mindset takes unnecessary pressure away, imho.

Wishing you well on your 80-10-10 journey.
Gail, what do you think is causing the migraines? Skipped meals? Going too long without food? Eating nutrient-poor foods? Those were my first thoughts/questions when I read your post. I'm thinking maybe you're too concerned about calories or not eating enough fruit (and veggies). Also, sleep is important. Maybe you're slacking on getting enough sleep (8+ hours). Dr. Graham thinks Americans get way too little sleep and I suspect that he is right.
There's some good tips here in the replies to your question/plea. I would just say "enjoy the dates, but don't go too overboard with them, as fruit is much more ideal due to the water content....or so I've been lead to believe." I eat dates sparingly, but almost daily. I sometimes get bored with apples, but I'll drizzle some Tahini on them (sparingly) and that makes them a bit more "exotic." I hope that Tahini is considered raw. If not, its still not junk food and its hard to have "perfection."
Smoothies rock too! I make Green Smoothies and also frozen banana smoothies or other frozen fruits. Trader Joe's is great for frozen fruit, and you have one near you, Gail. I sometimes blend with almond milk, although Harley and Freelee would probably say to use plain water or at least make your own almond milk. I admit to cutting corners on that item (by buying Blue Diamond or Silk unsweetened almond milk). I'm not encouraging you to cut corners like me, but its still better than the Standard American Diet (SAD)! :)

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Michelle Holbeck replied to Haylie Grayson's discussion FAT
3 minutes ago
Sasha replied to Haylie Grayson's discussion FAT
9 minutes ago
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to ednshell's discussion can you make banana ice cream with any kind of juicer?
15 minutes ago
Vegetable Police posted a video

Feel tired? Try this!!

Also subscribe to my music channel! Free Hip Hop Beats, House Music and Ambient Relaxing stuff ;) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFb3kPmyQMj_uJEh4CmZSJg
17 minutes ago
Mon_Bell posted a video

VEGAN FOOD HAUL| ORGANIC STUFF

Hello guys, I did some food shopping, i love buying organic food, I am looking forward to baking with some of the stuff i bought website: www.healthyfoodsupp...
17 minutes ago
Sunshine posted a video

Momma Mia in town - shopping Vlog adventure etc

walking/jogging with cart to post office before close to ship dates my mom shows up we go shopping mexican and asian markets seniorita jugo some tour of the ...
18 minutes ago
Dareios Rohan Katsanikakis posted a video

Vegan lifestyle in Canada?

Here's a video about what it's like to be vegan in two of Canada's major cities: Vancouver and Montreal.
18 minutes ago
FruityGirl :) posted a video

Fruit Haul from Immokalee Farmers Market, Fl.

Fruit Haul from Immokalee Farmers market
18 minutes ago
Petar posted a video

Skip breakfast to lose weight?

This video is about a recent study that suggested skip breakfast was a good way for people to lose weight. Article: http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/s...
18 minutes ago
ednshell replied to ednshell's discussion can you make banana ice cream with any kind of juicer?
19 minutes ago
BananaStatesofMurica! RAW OR DIE replied to Alex's discussion Anyone else gets a different feeling for every different fruits?
30 minutes ago
Alex posted a discussion
34 minutes ago
MAMA WOLF replied to ednshell's discussion can you make banana ice cream with any kind of juicer?
42 minutes ago
Neyssa Sossous commented on Neyssa Sossous's blog post Blood lab results are leaving me even more confused
44 minutes ago
ednshell posted a discussion
45 minutes ago
Marisa replied to Marisa's discussion "team fruit bats" art contest!!
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service