30 Bananas a Day!

So I come across the newest issue of Vitality magazine. Skimming through it I can't help but stop to read "Dental health does your whole body good. To keep your mouth and teeth healthy: Brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste, limit sugary snacks, ...". They had a few more obvious no-nos for teeth health but those two just made me mad!! I mean...it's just bothering me so much how health magazines are misguiding everyone. How about....eat MORE sugary snacks (fruit), stop eating krap....and don't touch fluoride?!?! I'm curious if anyone else came across this "helpful tip" in the Vitality magazine. Or has anyone come across similar "healthful" tips that just make you think "SAY WHAT>!>!>!??"

Views: 343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah its funny isnt it. Look at how little fruit people eat and how many weight loss and dental clinics there is around. Must be more longterm 811ers than the handful I know ;)

'dont ride a bike at 15mph cos its dangerous, drive a car at 60mph instead'.

lol! so truly annoying. How I wish automobiles didn't exist...oh no...more sexy fit people may exist if we actually had to WALK places....XD
Fluoride does zero to help tooth decay if used on the outside of the teeth. You have to ingest it (I live in Texas and they Fluorinate the water here). I somewhat doubt that ingesting it even makes a significant difference.

Apparently it is shown to help with younger children (maybe not the stuff in drinking water, but probably more like fluoride treatments at the dentist). After like 12 or 14, from what I've read, it ceases to help when applied to teeth.

As for ingesting it to help tooth decay, can you provide something to back that up? I'm interested to know if that is true. From what I know, fluoride is poison. 

Here is some interesting info on Fluoride. Toxic chemicals for everyone to drink....yum! Hopefully you have some kind of filter for that....So mean to have put that stuff in your water! I heard they did that to the water in some places here in MD. Meh.

Yes, Hitler was the first to put fluoride into the public drinking water because it makes people highly susceptible to suggestion, so then the rest of our governments had to find a reason to put it in ours.

This is an excellent talk on just how bad fluoride is:

DrBlaylock's Talk on Fluoride - YouTube

When I went to the dentist I requested that they didn't put fluoride in there and she sassed me. She told me not to believe everything that I hear and that fluoride is PERFECTLY safe and that I really needed it because my teeth were disgusting. I didn't even know what to say, I was too exhausted to argue and, to be honest, I didn't really have any statistics or facts to back it up (again, I was exhausted and couldn't think of anything).
Skip Vitality magazine, and check out Vibrance magazine instead.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicMark posted a status
"London's Property Crash Has Begun #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2BDnGF0"
52 minutes ago
Ben Trovato posted a video

The Carnivore Diet #MeatHeals Compilation

Meat-tard Twitter compilation juxtaposed by Greger and McDougall and James Cameron. Carnivore Diet 2018. Carnivore Diet Results. #MeatHeals Carnivore Diet For Humans. Carnivore Diet Joe Rogan. Carnivore Diet Weight Loss. Carn...
17 hours ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Dominican Avocado’s are Amazing!

Have you tried Dominican avocado’s? If not you’re really missing out! Dominican avocados are amazing, if you see avocados from DR, I highly recommend giving ...
17 hours ago
ednshell left a comment for Catherine Lamontagne
17 hours ago
Catherine Lamontagne is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
17 hours ago
Frugisaurus replied to KorKat's discussion Any recovering addict/alcoholics living this lifestyle?
yesterday
Profile IconKelly and John Perez joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Produce Haul

Today I show what I got at the flea market in Pinellas Park, Florida. Lots of amazing fruit, including my favorite fruit, mamey sapote! What fresh food are y...
Friday
ednshell replied to Ramakrishna Surathu's discussion You are God - Ramakrishna Surathu
Friday
Profile Iconcherivedette bills, billeo410, Jack Holbrook and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
OrganicMark joined Cassie K's group
Thursday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. replied to naringian's discussion electrolyte (sodium) content of parts (peels) of fruits, ie lemons
Wednesday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. and Asteria are now friends
Feb 14
Profile IconAmar Pundlik Pujare, Chris, Robin Aronson and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Feb 14
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. posted a discussion
Feb 13
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Feb 12

© 2018   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service