Was wondering if anyone has ever experienced problems with Kiwi Fruit?!
When I was young, I used to complain about my tongue itching after eating Kiwi.
During my teenage years, I fell in LOVE with Kiwi fruit/Juice - basically ANYTHING with Kiwi in it :) All was fine, no discomfort, nothing itched, just enjoyed every mouthful!
Come sixth form, I went to Macau with my family and had a salad with Kiwi in it - my tongue itched again, and after another mouthful, I could feel my airway swelling up I felt really bad - I could hardly breath.. (the swelling went away 2-3 hours afterwards) ever since then, i avoided Kiwi and haven't had the courage to try it again :( - in case you were wondering, I never took any tests to find out whether or not I was allergic to Kiwi
I am now 24 and started eating 80% hcrv for about 3 months or so, running at least 4k every other day (the remaining 20% i still try to stick to hccv - though it is hard when entertaining clients in Japan/Singapore/Australia/Hong Kong etc) Recently, I have been flying around Asia a lot and each time I would order a fruit platter from my airline (Cathay Pacific). On a few occasion, there were Kiwis present in the plate (sometimes whole, sometimes pre-cut and placed on top of other fruits). Once or twice, I couldn't resist eating the fruits under the Kiwi (but I never ate the Kiwi though Im sure the fruits below were contaminated with Kiwi juice), and I felt fine!
Does this mean I should give Kiwi Fruit another go? I don't want to end up in hospital again :[[ any advice would be much appreciated!
From what I hear, this diet is known to heal allergies and intolerances. I would proceed cautiously and if you have a reaction wait awhile (on hcrv) and try again.
Thanks, come to think of it.. it was pretty stupid + risky of me to even try the fruit under the Kiwi since I was 45000 feet above ground!