30 Bananas a Day!

So I just booked flights to Thailand with Jetsar Australia. Made a call to the company to organise my meals, to which I was transferred to a call centre outside Australia and was told they don't have a vegan option for us. I was quite surprised as most airlines accomodate, I didn't bother to check before I paid - which probably was my fault but what happens next is what burned me.

I them made a casual comment with a friendly demina- "oh wel looks like my 7kg carry on will mostly be good then" ;) "oh no sir, apologies however you are only permitted to bring light snacks abored an extended international flight." So not only do Jetstar not provide a vegan meal but they DO NOT allow you to bring your own meals aboard.

Are we supposed to starve?! This brings on a whole load of issues guys. Doesnt even seem legal.

Views: 240

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just bring enough fruit on the plane to last you the whole flight. trust me, nobody's gonna stop you if you have an extra bag of bananas in addition to your carry-on.  Even if they had a vegan option, airline food is crap anyway. why would you wanna eat that if you can just bring some fruit.

No doubt Bart. I was more surprised and pissed at there policy than worried I would starve. Cheers though man!
I work for an airline and take all of my own food every time I fly. Even if they did have a vegan option I don't think I would eat it as it would be just cheap rubbish food. Just self cater, all u can't take through international security if liquids over 100mls

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Milos Stepita replied to pradtf's discussion Carnage (2017) by Simon Amstell - The World in 2067
16 hours ago
Sophie Black replied to StephanieK.'s discussion I can't get enough protein!
17 hours ago
Michael M left a comment for Ashley Christensen <3
yesterday
ednshell commented on VeganKeyes's photo
yesterday
VeganKeyes's photo was featured
yesterday
Profile Iconmidbananacrisis, Michael M, Cornell Benson and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted videos
yesterday
Ben Trovato posted a video

Drew Canole - FitLifeTV - Deconstructing The Trend - Episode 7

Drew Canole FitLifeTV - #DeconstructingTheTrend - unreasonable expectations being tacitly conveyed to young men, six pack abs, Red Juice, juicing, carbs, veg...
yesterday
Milos Stepita posted a discussion
yesterday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sep 14
ryan mcneace replied to Catherine G-E's discussion Desperately seeking a mentor.....
Sep 14
Ciar Nafets replied to Sarah Beth's discussion Should I listen to Cronometer? Am I eating enough?
Sep 14
Sarah Beth replied to Sarah Beth's discussion Should I listen to Cronometer? Am I eating enough?
Sep 14
Ciar Nafets replied to Sarah Beth's discussion Should I listen to Cronometer? Am I eating enough?
Sep 14
Sep 14
Profile IconBriseida Guzman, Jackie Stiegler, somjit jongjorhor and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Sep 14

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service