30 Bananas a Day!

If your are emotionally upset, I've been told not to eat. The hormones in your body react differently than when your calm and collected...however, if you're going through a difficult time can't this lead to deficient calories?

Or is that logic flawed?

Views: 526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's one of the best times TO eat. I feel it calms me down so much. Whenever I'm upset, I don't think food will help, but then I eat a few bananas and I feel much happier. 

good to know! time to eat :)

If I am not in danger, or in the heat of anger,  I eat.

Sometimes, when one is hungry or deficient, and or when one does not get enough sleep, mole hills can look like mountains.  Small things appear bigger than they are, and our reactions are more hostile or depressive. 

Also, yea, cliche, but if one is not getting enough calories, carbs, and nutrients, and or dehydrated, they will tend to be quick to anger. 

Peace, PK

+1

@LF and JF

Thanks for your kind words, and support (in other discussions too:)

Peace, PK

I feel it it always better to feel the FEELING FULLY before we react to anything. Its not always easy of course , because it hurts to feel painful feelings. When emotions become to tough, often people to turn drugs, alcohol to numb the pain ... i believe food in this sense is just another way to avoid feeling our emotions fully. Its best to cry and cry so the emotion does not fester ! then eat and drink lots of water. 

Thing is ... you WILL feel much happier if you eat something of course, BUT... you will soon enough attract ANOTHER situation in order for you to feel those SAME suppressed feelings. ON AND ON it goes until the day you STOP numbing the painful emotions with food or by any other means. Last week i locked myself in my room and CRIED for a FULL HOUR until I released the CAUSAL emotion of why i was upset. 

when im sad i never let anyone cheer me up. I just allow myself to feel sad and cry.,, same goes if im angry ... gotta get that anger out. When Im angry i go to the woods and scream and smash sticks and shake it out of me. The anger caps the emotion of grief, so at some point in the future, after the anger ... come the tears.Thats how we heal ... just watch children, something upsets them and they CRY .

HI, this is just a thought a dont know it to be true,

Maybe your belief about 'crying' being 'weak' attracts men into your life who can not cry in front of you because 'What woman wants a weak man ?' ... women often have this addictive emotion that they need a man to 'protect' them. With this emotion, women often find it a turn off when they see men cry or when a man feels weak. Look at the relationship with your Dad when you were younger and see if it resembles any of the men in your life now ? ! When you process YOUR OWN emotion about how it makes YOU FEEL when men cry around you .. then you may find that men act differently around you ;) ... what are your feelings about weak men ?

Not eating when you are stressed will just add more stress. Your body will get hungry and start nagging you about it. Also bananas encourage the production of serotonin which is calming.

+1.  

Do it.

Big difference between eating fruits vs. eating garbage while stressed.  One promotes a good & "lifted" feeling while the other weighs & drags you down.  

Eat as much fruit as you care to and laugh it/them off...  

Then, carry on.

Completely agree. I'd rather binge on bananas than fries to make me feel better.

As long it is fruit why not? It´s hard to rant and rave when you are eating bananas.

i would say that if you re sad and a bite of food makes you feel happier and more content with yourself  and the situation keep eating . but if you eat and each bite is filled with worry fear and anxiousness and you are not even enjoying the food at all ... figure out how to  distract yourself because that food is not going to digest efficiently as youre in fight or flight mode.  moving my body and stretching always helps to get me feeling better instead of food.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Profile IconGarrett Kiger, Melanie Gulliver, Angela and 12 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
6 minutes ago
Profile IconSandra Ebert and Nina Swan joined McFruit's group
12 minutes ago
Profile IconHaim Wiesel, Alice Donoghue and Benjamin Caflisch joined Marina's group
53 minutes ago
Profile IconNina Swan, Henry Joaquin II and 2 other members joined Sorcha NB's group
54 minutes ago
Camilla Helene Storebø Pedersen and Peter Wintrip are now friends
1 hour ago
gina posted a status
"Hi everyone, I'm so excited to be here....Does anyone here have autoimmune issues that have been cured/helped from this life lifestyle?"
1 hour ago
portlyfatty replied to Lb's discussion To what extent is the Glycemic Index relevant on a low fat vegan diet?
1 hour ago
Christopher William Francis Poli and Windlord are now friends
1 hour ago
Juanitah Ntambi Precious posted a status
"I am on banana Island and its a bit tough because I am so new to this LFRV so one day at a time. Loving it though."
1 hour ago
portlyfatty is now friends with Rachel Lee, john dempsey, Darius Ellis and 2 more
1 hour ago
Mandy replied to Mandy's discussion Parents Help!!!
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Tampa Kiwi's photo was featured
1 hour ago
Thomas posted a discussion
1 hour ago
Martin Farla replied to Cece Correll's discussion Tips for the Empty Wallet
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service