30 Bananas a Day!

Here is one report from someone that will remain unnamed. I mean think of how bogus these 'spiritual leaders' are when people that they abuse want to remain silent? 

I went on the Big Island retreat this past year and was extremely disappointed in what occurred at this event, mostly due to the actions of David Wolfe. I would not write to complain if his actions had not occurred. I would eat the money and never go on another NFL retreat. However, I feel violated by David Wolfe in a way I never imagined possible, having previously looked up to him with gratitude prior to this Big Island retreat.

David Wolfe on camera, while Parsley was filming, rubbed his head all over my breasts at the black sand beach, I was appalled and embarrassed and didn’t know what to do. I didn’t want to ruin this retreat because like most Americans, I commute two hours a day to work forty hours a week, receiving only two weeks vacation. I had planned eight months in advance to attend this retreat besides all the money I spent, when I only earn $17 an hour. The feeling of being disappointed was not what I wanted to experience but it befell me anyway. From this moment on I felt violated and couldn’t believe David Wolfe would do this to someone who had paid an exorbitant amount of money to stay in a room that reeked of mildew and was fed only tasteless barley type cereal and ill tasting noni on many mornings for breakfast. When I mentioned to David Wolfe that my room had a mildew stench, he said and did nothing, not even telling me to report this to Kerrie Cushing. Kalani also made little effort to accommodate me to a more pleasant room.

On one of the days during the retreat when we came back from seeing the town of Hilo, David Wolfe invited me into the house he was staying in at Kalani. I believed this to be a friendly gesture and I liked the idea of getting to know David Wolfe, having read almost all of his books. He massaged my back, which was very gracious until he bluntly asked me,
“Can I see your boobs?” I was utterly shocked and appalled at how completely belligerent a question this was being directed at me, a female, especially a paying member of the retreat! After he asked me this, I left as politely as I could not wanting to make a scene but I was dying inside because I hate being disrespected by men, unbelievably, by David Wolfe!

Further, on New Year’s Eve, at the costume party, he grabbed my butt and squeezed it. After he did this I left soon after not wanting to be near him anymore.

For the rest of the retreat I avoided David Wolfe, and could hardly wait for it to be over and to be out of a room with a mildew stench. I am deeply a nerved by what happened to me. It makes me sick to think I spent $1,795 plus $750 on airfare to do something that mentally and physically harmed me and made me feel inferior. For someone like me spending this amount of money to be deeply hurt and dissatisfied is a big blow. It took me a long time to save up this money for an endeavor that was not rejuvenating at all.

Thank you for your attention.

Tags: David wolfe, david wolfe scammer, david wolfe sleezy

Views: 17062

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please do not "rattle his cage", I hope any thread not to go that way...

While I may have said that you not know much about me, I still don't think you're a thief. ;)

well then you know a fair bit about me mark ... and we can be glad of that.

in friendship,

prad

Well, actually, Mark, if we are all one, and there is no real separation, Prad knows you intimately. :)
What's a little consciousness/superconsciousness between 2 small parts of a  much greater whole?
The difference between the two is the difference between the Sun and the Moon.
Ah, well, that's how I feel about the difference between me & Hitler.

the difference between your divinity and hitler's divinity, well there is no difference

well that's fine, mark, but i'd rather hang out with sultana than hitler.

we prefer not to defend the indefensible here through the old divinity argument. ;)

in friendship,

prad

Do you perhaps mean that we all have a dark, very dark side within us, that we are taugth to hide from ourselves? If so, yes, we have it, but I also think that some people in the world have been so lucky to live a life where they have been taught (by people, circumstances, or even by God) that doing some actions is bad, and it's these people responsibility to try to improve the world so that a lot of other people could understand this. If they do not understand, or waiting for them to understand, if they behave bad, you must separate them from the other human beings, so that they cannot harm them any more.

Funny you mention Martin Luther King, Mark. :)

http://www.theipinionsjournal.com/index.php/2006/01/martin-luther-k...

Oh yes, I've known this for ages! And that's why I've never thought Martin L. King was such a hero as he is usually portayed, even if he surely spent his life for some ideals, however his famous sentence about people's indifference is one of the best ones I've ever heard, and it's a very meaningful and true sentence in itself, indipendently from whoever have spoken it.

See here!

http://www.joyofquotes.com/indifference_quotes.html

All that is necessary for evil to succeed it that good men do nothing,
Edmund Burke

I prefer the errors of enthusiasm to the indifference of wisdom.
Anatole France

Never, never, be afraid to do what’s right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society’s punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Hate is not the opposite of love; apathy is.
Rollo May

Indifference is the essence of inhumanity.
George Bernard Shaw

Our worst sin toward our fellow creatures is not to hate them, but to be indifferent to them
George Bernard Shaw

We should not permit tolerance to degenerate into indifference.
Margaret Chase Smith

A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
Joseph Stalin

For one who is indifferent, life itself is a prison. Any sense of community is external or, even worse, nonexistent. Thus, indifference means solitude. Those who are indifferent do not see others. They feel nothing for others and are unconcerned with what might happen to them. They are surrounded by a great emptiness. Filled by it, in fact. They are devoid of all hope as well as imagination. In other words, devoid of any future.
Elie Wiesel

The opposite of love is not hate, its indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it’s indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it’s indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, its indifference.
Elie Wiesel

a fine comment prana!

here is a story along the same lines:

the stone

nanak was a travelling guru. he visited many places in india, arabia and mesopotamia.

in mecca is the ka'aba, the sacred stone of the muslims.

one morning nanak was found sleeping with his feet turned to the stone! some muslims were furious!

"how dare you be so insulting! how dare you sleep with you feet towards the face of god!"

gently, nanak says: "very well then. turn my feet to where god is not."

in friendship,

prad

Can you blame David for not wanting to settle down if his father killed his mother? I mean marriage and monogamy might be the last thing Id want if that were my family history.
Chri is that true?

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

John Smith posted songs
40 seconds ago
Profile IconXtofer Tepper, Dina Banerjee, Lauralee Leonard and 5 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
42 minutes ago
Jeff Conway commented on Robert K's video
50 minutes ago
Sally Pusch replied to Sally Pusch's discussion HELP!!!
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
William McClellan replied to Jenny Markham's discussion Christian Family
1 hour ago
Joseph Glover replied to Sally Pusch's discussion HELP!!!
2 hours ago
matea replied to Jenny Markham's discussion Christian Family
3 hours ago
Jim Pilrose replied to Jenny Markham's discussion Christian Family
3 hours ago
matea replied to Torleif Söderström's discussion Reputable Sources ASAP
3 hours ago
wynne Cartier Orleans replied to Torleif Söderström's discussion Reputable Sources ASAP
3 hours ago
Jeannette replied to Jeannette's discussion How do you eat some many calories?
4 hours ago
Jeannette replied to Jeannette's discussion How do you eat some many calories?
4 hours ago
MistyRaw replied to Alexis Griffus's discussion Persimmons?
5 hours ago
Daryl Burian posted a discussion
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service