30 Bananas a Day!

I really need some help and advice.

I ate a cooked meal Sunday for the first time in 7 weeks.  Then, today, I ate another cooked meal.

I found out on May 6th that I'm pregnant with my first child (See what getting healthy does to ya?  Sheesh.  LOL.).  I was fine for about a week...eating lots of fruit (still not enough calories...I was trying to work my way up...), and then my wisdom tooth abscessed and I couldn't chew anything...so I was eating lots of smoothies.  Then nausea kicked in this past Friday.  Now, the thought of anything with bananas (including smoothies!) makes me run to the bathroom in fear of puking. 

The only foods I really want are oranges, grapes, pineapple, and mangoes.  However, navel oranges are going out of season.  I can't find organic grapes ANYWHERE (and they are on the Dirty Dozen, so I won't eat them non organic during a pregnancy).  Pineapples here in Central Florida are NEVER ripe.  And mangoes, I guess, are also going out of season because I can't find honey mangoes anywhere anymore (we were getting them by the case from our local Asian market, but they are gone now).

I feel like absolute s***e after eating a vegan pad thai with tempeh today.  Heartburn, gas and bloating, stomach pain...and so much guilt.  But I didn't know what to do.  I was literally starving.  I've lost five pounds since finding out I was pregnant (and I haven't actually thrown up...just been nauseous).  I mean, really, the abscessed wisdom tooth was really bad timing...but now the nausea...and the fact that I can't find any organic ripe fruit.

I just don't know what to do.  I know I need to take in calories for this baby, but cooked food makes my stomach hurt so bad and the fruit I want is not accessible here.  I'm getting very depressed and feeling hopeless.  Please help. :(

Tags: pregnancy

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can also try Freelee's apple pie in a glass;  I haven't tried myself yet, but it sounds delicious: 

Dates, apple, water and cinnamon blended on high speed. Play with the ratios, I just used about 15dates, 700mls of water and 1.5-2 apples blended without skin.

http://www.facebook.com/FreeleeVFruititionist/posts/10150184216820741

And Congratulations!!! 

xS

None of it is ripe or organic.  That's the problem.
Go for ripeness and ease up on organic.. organic is ideal but not necessary to survival.. calories are.. was the pad thai you ate all organic? :-)

Certain foods I don't mind if they are not organic.  If they are on the Dirty Dozen list, I won't eat them non organic while pregnant.  If I wasn't pregnant, organic wouldn't matter to me (as much).

The pad thai was certainly *not* organic. ;-)

You need to look for a U-PICK orchard of some fruits. Cherries are ripe in CA now, FL might have some too. There are also june peaches/nectarines as well as apples and cherries. Grapes should be coming into season soon too.
Thank you!  I will look for these U-PICK orchards!!

Hey beautiful mama,

That first 3 months of pregnancy is the hardest. I couldnt eat anything but watermelon and lettuce and lost 5kg. I even had aversions to carrots and most starchy fruit and veg. Nausea is our bodies way of telling us to fast or eat what we feel like. So much is going on inside you. In those first few weeks you may lose weight, but after 13-16 wks you'll most likely want bananas again and put it back on quick. I put on a total of 18kg by the end. It came straight off within wks of having my daughter. You actually dont need many extra calories in the first few months, (think how small that embryo is) you need more at the end and for nursing. Thats when you really will be hungry!!!

Relax, trust your body, use your intuition. Most of all if you choose to eat cooked, just do it and be grateful for the nourishment :) Many blessings xo

Oh, thank you so much!!  I needed to hear this today.  Many blessings, love, and light to you, as well! <3
Thank you for the congratulations and the advice!  I usually recommend ginger tea to other mamas and then here I am, nauseous, and don't make it for myself.  I am going to do it today, though.  Thank you again. <3

Mamey is in season in FL now and mangoes will be coming soon! You can order some from Jordan at http://jourdansbeautifulfood.com/

Whole Foods doesn't have any organic grapes?

Pineapples should ripen up quite a bit sitting on your counter at room temperature for a few days. 

Steamed or baked potatoes and yams and sweet potatoes would be a much better choice than pad thai. :-) I used to love baked potatoes with avocado smashed into them.

Blessings,

Audrey

I'm in Gainesville...there's a Mother Earth market here, but no Whole Foods.  The closest Whole Foods, I believe, is in Orlando...two hours away.

I do like mamey sapote!  I may go to Sweet Bay to get a couple.  They are very expensive (usually $8 per fruit or more), but a few per week might be a good idea.

I've had huge problems with trying to ripen unripe pineapple.  They go rotten before they ever ripen...I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...?

I'm checking out that website now.  Thank you!! :)

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service