30 Bananas a Day!

I love spending my free time in the mountains, be it backpacking or backcountry skiing. I just recently switched to LFRV from HFRV and before i would bring lots of nuts and dried fruits with me on trips so i would have something to eat over the few days i spent in the middle of the Canadian Rockies. But now that I've cut out overt fats, like nuts, I'm not sure what to bring with me on my trips. It would be hard to fit 60 bananas (30 bananas/day) into my pack. My next trip is in january and I would love suggestions on things i could do now that i'm rocking the fruit. Would eating only dates provide me with enough stuff to ski up mountains and carve some sick lines?

Views: 257

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dates are good, as well as other dried fruits(not ideal but its not like you are backpacking too often).  dates have lots of calories, are not going to bruise, easy to prepare, vs say a pineapple. long lasting and are ripe and ready to eat

i also have access to a stove for supper. i was thinking i could also include rice as well. oh man i'm gonna be craving some fruit and veggies by the time i get off the mountain.

I'm so jealous - wish I could spend my free time in the Colorado mountains!

Although, I do have some nice mountains by my place too :) -

To answer your question, I reckon you should become the vegan Bear Grylls and try and eat all kinds of weird mountain shrubs for sustenance.

Sorry, this post was no help at all! :)

haha the picture is lovely. along with the idea of becoming the vegan bear grylls. it may be a bit challenging tho...esp with it being winter here and everything currently being covered in a tonne of snow.

I see this is an old thread, but I'm going skiing for a few days and was thinking about this too! I'd rather not depend heavily on dates because it doesn't seem nutritionally balanced to me and I don't feel great after too many dates at once.

I use nuts.com to get all sorts of dried fruits (not just nuts). I've been able to find dried bananas (whole!), mango, pineapple, peaches (seasonally), nectarines (seasonally), apples, and mulberries. They also have lots of other good products and a whole category for raw foods! I've had the mango before and the quality is excellent. I'm also looking forward to trying the bananas; all the reviews on nuts.com fruit are amazing! The site well-organized too, so I had no problem finding out which products have no preservatives or sugar added in between all the ones that do. Also, there are some products available in both organic and non-organic, and the prices match.

I wanted to try the flattened bananas by Trader Joe's, but I learned that they have sulfur dioxide added. Someone had suggested sticking them in a big water bottle to rehydrate for a while before eating. I'm not so sure I could go for the texture of a smoothie like that, but I'll be sure to drink lots of water to balance out all the dried fruit calories!

Great site!  Great variety!

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

OrganicLove posted a photo
43 minutes ago
OrganicLove posted a discussion
1 hour ago
ednshell replied to Jose Truzman's discussion My New Blog and Book to come out soon!
23 hours ago
Ben Trovato posted a video

Jim Gaffigan - Cheese Joke

Funny Jim Gaffigan joke about cheese and constipation in Wisconsin and the Midwest. + Funny South Park constipation joke. #vegan #carbthef***up Under Section...
yesterday
Jennifer Liepin posted a video

Eating Raw Till 4 is Easy Even When on Vacation in Las Vegas!

www.nynomads.com Eating Raw Till 4 in Las Vegas doesn't have to be expensive. Fruit in the Southwest - Nevada and California - generally is pretty cheap! Les...
yesterday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Listen to the Rain

Taking time to get quiet and listen to the rain (or other peaceful sounds) is invaluable. Close your eyes and listen to what's going on around you. Set aside...
yesterday
Stephanie replied to Stan The Fruitman's discussion Dizzy and weak right after eating fruit, fructose intolerance?
yesterday
Jose Truzman posted a discussion
yesterday
Profile IconKamishiro1, Stephanie , Tina Theou and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
OrganicLove replied to OrganicLove 's discussion How much does it cost to be on banana island for week?
yesterday
Dominic replied to CoconutJuice's discussion Is juice bad because it doesn't have fibers?
Thursday
Dominic replied to CoconutJuice's discussion Are coconut oil okay to eat?
Thursday
Elin joined Marina's group
Thursday
CoconutJuice posted discussions
Thursday
RawVeganGamer replied to David's discussion Pets anyone?
Thursday
Ginger commented on Ginger's blog post My Secrets of a Svelte and Healthy Body
Wednesday

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service