30 Bananas a Day!

I have a Spanish friend  who runs half-marathon in 1:18 and 10k in 34 minutes.

He is eating everything, but majority of his calories come from carbohydrates mainly pasta. He also like to party quite often and drink some alcohol.

Also his training is nothing special, he just runs when he feels like it and do some race once in a while. He doesn´t do any special interval session.

When I asked him what´s his secret he said there is no secret, but told me his father was also a good runner.

So I am wondering if somebody has not very fit parents, how much can be improved upon this lifestyle and how much is already genetically predisposed. 

The same goes for weight lose and other things.

Views: 95

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know the answer, just try this lifestyle for several years and see for yourself. Focus on the other positive aspects. I just want to say I know how freaking irritating it is to see other people outperform you when you are 811rv and they just eat a normal 60/20/20 diet (I don't compare to a real SAD here)

nature vs nurture.  why can children born of the same parents have drastically different physical characteristics and varying degrees of success in life.

what is important is that you take what you have and move forward.  our bodies routinely replaces itself on a cellular level, dormant genes can turn on and active ones can turn off.

focus on what you want to achieve, set goals and priorities. with the combination of time and concentrated effort you will amaze yourself with the possiblities and results.

thanks

thanks

Everyone is different, there will never be a single answer.  The way I see it is that I just want to make myself the best I can be.  I have no interest in being the best human in any category because that is extremely unlikely...

RSS

30BaD Search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

THE RT4 BIBLE IS OUT!!! CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW

Latest Activity

ednshell replied to SparkSunsya's discussion How can you get rid of gnats on bananas before they hatch?
1 hour ago
ednshell replied to 119 hours's discussion Are you vegan and worried about dying on Everest one day?
1 hour ago
Svein Daniel Solvenus replied to SparkSunsya's discussion How can you get rid of gnats on bananas before they hatch?
1 hour ago
Corinne Brown added a discussion to the group 811 UK
1 hour ago
Gary High-Fruit posted a video

Dr Oz show: Is LOW-carb a RESET BUTTON? Dr. Oz PUSSY-FOOT's around KETOgenic diet w "Dr. Axe"

Are they BSing us by claiming the Keto diet resets your body? Keto popularity is growing; started by internet hucksters and meat-shills. But Dr. Oz took the bait
1 hour ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

May 21st Fruitluck Montage

Yesterdays Fruitluck at Fort De Soto in St. Petersburg, Florida USA was awesome! Thanks to everybody who attended and check out the photos from the event :) ...
1 hour ago
Wippe posted a video

VEGAN RECIPIS: Antioxidant Bomb (A-BOMB)~(Black Rice, Purple Cabbage, Black Lentils, Kale etc.)

Take your health game next level with this black bowl of awesomeness aka A-BOMB aka Antioxidant Bomb! This meal is vegan OF COURSE, full of carbs, healthy fa...
1 hour ago
Manual Pedal posted a video

Cycling Interval Training

In this video I share how I go about my cycling interval training in preparation for racing and other endurance rides. Interval training will make you faster...
1 hour ago
Dhyana Flower posted a video
1 hour ago
ednshell commented on Corinne Brown's blog post my 18th birthday party in 5 months!?
1 hour ago
bdwyer1199 added a discussion to the group Beginners in a fruitarian/raw vegan lifestyle
2 hours ago
bdwyer1199 joined Anna's group
2 hours ago
Eva Hammer posted a discussion
4 hours ago
Ali Washington posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Dr.Wilco and Rahel are now friends
5 hours ago
Stephane left a comment for Cerys Kennedy
5 hours ago

© 2016   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by