30 Bananas a Day!

I have a Spanish friend  who runs half-marathon in 1:18 and 10k in 34 minutes.

He is eating everything, but majority of his calories come from carbohydrates mainly pasta. He also like to party quite often and drink some alcohol.

Also his training is nothing special, he just runs when he feels like it and do some race once in a while. He doesn´t do any special interval session.

When I asked him what´s his secret he said there is no secret, but told me his father was also a good runner.

So I am wondering if somebody has not very fit parents, how much can be improved upon this lifestyle and how much is already genetically predisposed. 

The same goes for weight lose and other things.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know the answer, just try this lifestyle for several years and see for yourself. Focus on the other positive aspects. I just want to say I know how freaking irritating it is to see other people outperform you when you are 811rv and they just eat a normal 60/20/20 diet (I don't compare to a real SAD here)

nature vs nurture.  why can children born of the same parents have drastically different physical characteristics and varying degrees of success in life.

what is important is that you take what you have and move forward.  our bodies routinely replaces itself on a cellular level, dormant genes can turn on and active ones can turn off.

focus on what you want to achieve, set goals and priorities. with the combination of time and concentrated effort you will amaze yourself with the possiblities and results.

thanks

thanks

Everyone is different, there will never be a single answer.  The way I see it is that I just want to make myself the best I can be.  I have no interest in being the best human in any category because that is extremely unlikely...

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service