30 Bananas a Day!

I am the very happy purchaser of my first 15lbs of Bautista family organic khadrawy dates. They arrived yesterday and I am loving them. I've never had dates this fresh before and don't know how quickly I am going to mow through them, and want to keep them fresh. I already put about half of them in a big zip lock and into the fridge, but would like to know how long they will stay fresh on the counter (left in the box they shipped in), in case I should store some more in the fridge..

Thanks!

Views: 1402

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

HAHA, Michael!
doesn't this belong in the cucumber thread?
(that was an attempt at humor)
Dunno how long they'll stay on the counter . I was told to refrigerate them and they'll last up to a year.
Where did you buy your dates...I'm looking to purchase some and those sound delightful!
They really are delightful.. I don't think they don't have a site, so just call them and they will mail order.. I got them for $3/lb

Bautista's Family Organic Date Ranch in Mecca, California (CA)

Name: Bautista's Family Organic Date Ranch
Street: 93800 Hammond Rd
Postal address: 92254 Mecca, CA
Phone: (760) 396-2337
Awesome! Thanks for the info!
I don't refrigerate them because apparently they lose their flavor if you do. I just keep them in a dark place out of the sun. I've kept them for over a month. Mine are also from the Bautista family.
Straight from Bautista....

Did you find they lose their flavor at all from being in the fridge (as Evan suggested above)?
Yep, I just called them.. The lady was really nice. I don't know if it was because I live fairly near to their farm (about 100 miles) or not, but she shipped me the dates and then I sent them a check after they arrived. I thought that was super cool. Shipping was $10.00

Oh, and she said they only have about 6 weeks or so left before the dates are gone, and then the season will begin again in September...
Always ask the stockist how best to preserve the dates. In Australia, fresh dates are as rare as raw leaders that actually eat raw. :)

I had em back in 2006 and got a 10lb box but it only lasted 2 days. I was amazed at how much water content a fresh date actually has. I kept em in the fridge as it was over 30celcius outside.

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Made replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Should I get a robotic dog or an organic dog from the SPCA?
yesterday
Deerav Moolani left a comment for tbyogini
Tuesday
Ronnie Bumbajukes posted a blog post
Monday
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Ben Trovato posted a video

This Guy Says Kale is Dangerous... #Wrecked

Christopher Walker Vegetables Debunked - Worst Of The Food Industry - Christopher Walker Testosterone. The Vegetable Myth. #WorstOfTheFoodIndustry Christophe...
Saturday
Ben Trovato posted a status
"New #WorstOfTheFoodIndustry"
Saturday
Saturday
Jacob Hafer's photo was featured
Saturday
Profile IconDonald S. Brazelton, liron amor, Lavesh and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
HINA replied to Karolina Górkiewicz's discussion Anorexia though is killing me ... help
Apr 20
Apr 20
RawVeganGamer posted a discussion
Apr 19
Ronnie Bumbajukes posted a discussion
Apr 17
ednshell replied to Karolina Górkiewicz's discussion Anorexia though is killing me ... help
Apr 17
QueenKong is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 16

© 2018   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service