i had been raw vegan for about a month when i cooked up some steamed potatoes with a lil sea salt and pepper on it, i was sick to my stomach. probably the salt and pepper more than the potatoes but everyone is different. As of now even if i eat low fat vegan food i dont feel well at all and always seem to get a bit of a cold when i eat it....so i just dont eat cooked food now! the important thing is to listen to your body, and when we are lfrv its a lot easier to hear what its saying!
Yes, isn't it strange with that feeling of catching a cold? I can't remember where I heard or read that the body produces more white blood cells when we eat cooked foods in order to boost the immune-system (because the body feels there is something in it that's not supposed to be there perhaps?). Have no references though. Anyone heard about it?
I agree that 100% raw works best for interpreting the bodys signals
I have read that as well..but can't remember! I'm quite sure it is in one of DG's books, either 80/10/10 or Nutrition and athletic performance ;)..maybe the latter..
I don't know about effected but it sure it affected me :)
Felt a lot more sluggish, stomach felt rock bottom full. Calisthenic strength and hydration went down a lot.
That's pretty much it.
What cooked food did you eat?
Pretty much gluten pasta, buckwheat, potatoes, and rice.
For me my ears feel a bit gummed up, my sinuses a bit inflamed and my tinnitus is more noticeable. My belly can feel bloated too. I can also get a metallicy taste in my mouth and a bit of body odour. These symptoms will all intensify if I persist in eating a cooked meal a day on consecutive days.
I also get a heavy feeling in my legs....definite lack of spring in my step!
All this is pretty obvious to me right now as yesterday I chose to have steamed rice and thai stir fried veg for dinner as I was undercarbed and ravenous after uni and didnt want to wait for food till I got home 45 mins later.... :s
the tinnitus, metal taste, bloating all sounds like symptoms I had from dental metal in my mouth. You could be heavy metal toxic, which is what could ultimately causing the symptoms. (HM's react severely w/ certain foods, too.)
thanks for the thought. I certainly have a mouth full of amalgam fillings and have contemplated having them removed but have not done much more than that....last time I discussed it with friends the cost seemed prohibitive. Perhaps it is time to look into it again.
We are a very mercury toxic family. .. If you ever have any questions, feel free to ask. I have resources/info or can find anything you need.
Are you in the states? If so, and for anyone in the states interested, here is a search engine for finding a mercury-safe (mercury-free) dentist in your area: http://www.dentalwellness4u.com/freeservices/find_dentists.html
Wherever you're at, I could find something similar, if you need.
We've had an array of autoimmune conditions, depression, anxiety, digestive troubles and my sons have had vaccine injuries and are mercury toxic (aka, my son has autism).
It's a big deal getting the crud out. (Meaning, detoxifying - not just getting the amalgams out, -they're both very important.) Fortunately this is a cheap and easy way to do it: (This is Andy Cutler's chelation/detox protocol.): http://home.earthlink.net/~moriam/Andy_dose_sched.html#agents
Here is the Yahoo forum discussion group for it: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/adult-metal-chelation/
Here is a good article on mercury fillings: http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/amalgam.htm
And very sorry to bombard you, but lastly, this is an eye opening video (there are plenty on youtube.):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ylnQ-T7oiA
(I've just spent a lot of time researching this as my family's been so sick.) We're getting better, though, but you need to get the fillings out first.. then chelate. My autoimmune symtpoms diminished by about 85%, a week after getting my dental implant removed. My husband had the same experience when he got his mercury fillings out about 3 mos ago.
All the best!!
thanks for the info morgan! I appreciate it. Will check it out and organise a consult to get further info. I live in Australia (Melbourne).
The big thing about most cook LFV food fro me is it tempts the salt on to the table. The white stuff does as much damage as the food. Weight gain/bloating, puffy face, constipation and sluggish. Hate it when I run out of ripe fruit.