30 Bananas a Day!

Hi, I'm brand new to this!!! I have questions and need advise!

Hi guys! So I actually heard about this lifestyle a few years ago but since I was still living with my parents (and already getting enough crap from them for being vegan) I didn't really commit to it then. Now I've lived on my own (well with roommates) for about two years and I've decided it's about time I try this Raw till 4 lifestyle out.
I've been vegan for nearly 6 years. My boyfriend (whom I've dated for about a year now) has been vegan for 2 years. 
I have some questions about this lifestyle that I am hoping you guys can answer.

Detox experience questions:
So far I've been doing raw till 4 for about 2 weeks. I had an early period that was heavier than normal when I first started. Did anyone else experience that? I wounder if that is part of the detoxing.  What are some other detoxing symptoms I should be looking out for? All I've really noticed is that I've been gassy and going to the bathroom a lot. I haven't noticed an increase in energy at all yet.

Also what is some good advice for coffee addiction. I used to drink 5 - 6 cups a day. Yes, it was pretty bad, I've always big on coffee! Now I'm down to only 1 cup a day (sometimes none, but most days I end up having 1 after lunch). 

Most importantly I need advice on how to tell friends and my boyfriend about my being a raw vegan now. It's not really hard to eat a raw till 4 diet. My lunches that I bring to work have been a bag of figs and a large salad (about 900 calories). The only thing people have commented on is the lake of salad dressing but that's pretty much it. My breakfasted have been banana and date smoovies (about 1200 calories). And then my dinners are usually rice, or pasta, or potatoes, probably about 600-800 calories worth, and always with greens. 
I do what to tell my boyfriend about this lifestyle though (I've been out of town on an internship for the past two months so he hasn't noticed anything of course) but I want to tell him when I get back to Colorado (which will be in two months). So how would you recommend I go about it. 

One final question, what are some high calorie fruits I can eat that aren't bananas, figs, and dates, because that's been making up about 90% of my diet.  ( and figs and dates are really expensive). 

Any advise would be awesome!!! Thanks fruities :)

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome to 30BaD! :)

Sounds like you're doing great with cutting the coffee down. Just cut it in half every 3 or 4 days until you are done then replace with tea or another beverage of your choice.

Bloating will stop as the good bacteria increase, unless you are eating hard to digest high cellulose things like broccoli for example.  Mono meals of just one kind of fruit per meal or easiest to digest vegetables will help with that.

Dates are cheap if you order them by the case on line, here are a few good ones:

More high calorie fruits

This is a great talk from raw vegan body builder Charlie Able that will appeal well to guys, explains everything! :) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNziD5TW2Gg

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Ciar Nafets replied to Steph1734's discussion New to the diet and need help! Candida anxiety, low bood sugar
Profile IconMike Weir and Cat Leggett joined Anna's group
Cat Leggett joined TheBananaGirl's group
Cat Leggett joined David's group
Danny replied to KarmaPolice's discussion Want to get into the biking life
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Tropical Fruit Nursery March 2018

Check out how some of the plants are looking! Most things are still growing real well :) Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/healthylivinalex/ ...
Profile IconMike Weir, stella kwale and Samantha Todd joined 30 Bananas a Day!
KarmaPolice posted a discussion
Steph1734 left a comment for Barbie ann Matthews
Barbie ann Matthews joined David's group
Barbie ann Matthews left a comment for Steph1734
Cat Leggett is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Dave Goodman added a discussion to the group Weightlifting and Bodyshaping
Dave Goodman joined Christopher's group
Profile Iconvanisha, Dave Goodman and Rachael joined 30 Bananas a Day!

© 2018   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service