30 Bananas a Day!

Lately every time I have a banana smoothie (made up of 4 or 5 bananas with a large handful of spinach and sometimes romaine) - I feel SUPER dizzy for the rest of the day. I just overall feel disoriented, can't focus, and my head feels heavy. I'm drinking a lot of water so it can't be dehydration. I'm assuming it's a blood sugar thing. The question is should I worry? Maybe get checked for hypoglycemia or something? 

I know this diet can FIX things like hypoglycemia though. Are there certain guidelines I need to adhere to, to ensure my bloodsugar doesn't go crazy? 

Sorry if this has been talked about before. I tried searching but since there appears to be a member named "Dizzy", I couldn't weed out the right information. I can hardly even focus enough to  write this post right now. I feel all shaky too. Blah. :/

Views: 1008

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Can't say for sure. I've only just started to get shaky the past few days...and I've been eating smoothies for a few weeks now. The only things I really eat plain are apples, oranges, and sometimes mangos. I may have to experiment.

yeah if  you have symptoms after eating carbs, then I wonder what your dietary fat% is? So often when I hear people say they cannot eat fruit or carbs because the sugar makes them wonky, it turns out they are often over 10% calories from fat. I'm not saying this is definitely the case for you, but keep logging your food and can you put notes in the program you use? Then you can note how you felt that day, etc. I wonder if as you get more data and look at the notes superimposed, some patterns will start to make themselves known to you, so you can adjust things.

Hang in there, you'll figure it out! :)

Good idea about adding the notes. I will try that and keep better tabs on my fat intake!

Look at your carbs per kilo. However many kilos you weigh, you need 10x as many grams of carbs per day. Your calories will sort themselves out. You MUST look at this or you could end up in really bad shape.

When I decided to really focus on that is when the weight started dropping and I started to feel good. Stop whatever else you're working on ans PLEASE make those grams of carbs a priority.

I think you are malnourished.

Thank you, I will look at this. Based on my weight and using that equation, I would need 550 grams of carbs a day. I looked at the last time I logged food in Nutridiary and I was at 438grams.  So I was close! That was only with 1760 calories though.

Keep in mind that this is the minimum recommended, add more for activity.  10 times your weight in kilos, times 4 for calories for your basic fuel needs, add more for activity.

Good to know. Thanks!!

Hi Amy, when I started 811 I had dizzy spells for a few months during which time  I was consulting with Doug Graham and he said that it's due to a lower blood pressure on 811 than your body is used to and it takes a while for your body to adjust.  Adjust it did and I haven't had the problem in 3 years.  

In saying that though I totally agree with the previous comments that you really need to eat more as well!

Thank you for the added insight, Stephen.  Dang, I hope I don't get these for months! :/ Hopefully eating more will help a great deal.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service