30 Bananas a Day!

Hi everyone!

This is the third time for me to try the 80/10/10 lifestyle. The first 2 times I tried this lifestyle, I quit for one reason - candida. I also knew less about food combining at those previous 2 times and I experienced very painful digestion. 

I've since experimented with different diets, from cooked vegan to paleo and had different results on each. I did pretty good on the high protein, paleo diet but hated eating all of that meat! Hence, I've returned to veganism. 

I have been eating 80/10/10 consistently for over 3 weeks now. No overt fats in my diet because I read you should avoid them if you have candida issues. Well, it has been over 3 weeks and I am in the middle of a huge candida flareup! I get a lot of symptoms all at once, but the worst ones are the itchy lady yeast infection and a very unsightly and very painful rash that develops on my mouth and face near the mouth (called angular chelitis). 

The only thing I can think of that could be causing this would be if my body is metabolizing its own fat (I am overweight and would like to release about 40 pounds) and that is causing fat to be in my bloodstream. Since I haven't been consuming overt fats maybe that could be it?

I also started incorporating a few dates in my diet the past week - could that cause issues?

Please help! I want to stick with this lifestyle once and for all and not let the candida rule my life. I feel so great on this lifestyle, except for the candida. 

Please Help!

Views: 658

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great information Peter! This really helped me out!

Yes, I have had blood tests in the past year to confirm that these are yeast infections. My doctor told me I had/have systemic yeast infection. Earlier this year, I took diflucan (antifungal?) but the nasty yeast infections still came back. So, short answer - yes, I have had blood tests to confirm this is a yeast infection. I have been struggling with terrible yeast infections for years, and there is no doubt it is yeast and not something else.

I haven't had any juice since starting this lifestyle as I don't really like juice. However, since your response I have eliminated the dates I was eating everyday. In just that short period of time, I can tell the symptoms are not as severe as they were! Just from eliminating dates (the only dried fruit I had been eating)! That is phenomenal! I finally have hope and know to just stay on this lifestyle, and make tweaks here and there when things like this happen. My skin rash (angular chelitis - painfully occurs whenever I have a yeast flare-up) is now healing and my lady yeast infection seems to be getting better on its own without any medicine.

Why would dried fruit cause a yeast flare-up?

Also, to answer your question, I drink at least 2 liters of water a day and anywhere from 1500-2500 calories a day, depending on my activity level. This is a little bit of a rough estimate as I usually don't have time to enter things in cronometer with my schedule (full time job, full time school, full time wife and housemaker, and constantly helping my family out .... it's pretty hectic!). But, on the days that I do get to enter things in crono, it is typically around 2000 calories. I haven't weighed myself recently, but I do feel thinner and I've notived my clothes fit a little better. About 5 years ago, I struggled with anorexia and since then I off and on stuggled with sever calorie restriction and obsession over my weight. I got professional help and consider myself "recovered." But, part of that is that I try not to obsess over my weight anymore ... even though I am now technically overweight and need to lose a few pounds!

I will also try to make sure I am only wearing cotton undergarments, which I mostly do anyway. I am a nursing assistant which means I spend most of my day in loose, cotton scrubs so I don't really wear skin tight clothing.

@Lori,

Peter had good advise and you seem on your way to feeling better.  

As I mentioned in my previous post, malnutrition and or a weakened immune system can lead to yeast outbreaks.  

We recommend a minimum of 2500 calories a day for females, and more if you work, exercise, have a family etc.  

30BaD FADs: Why 2500/3000 Calories A Day? - 30 Bananas a Day!

Get your 1/2-2 heads of lettuce a day in and about an oz of nuts or seeds.  

Short term, to rebuild your immune system, focus on eating a lot of high vitamin C fruits like oranges.  

I understand you do not have time to enter everything into cronometer as I do not either on many days.  However, I made some sample menues and or daily goals that I know cover my basic caloric needs and I follow these rotations as close as possible.  After a few days or weeks of practice, you will find that you too might not need cronometer everyday.  

Peace, PK

Well I am not sure what is going on here but I do know that Freelee, struggled with candida before coming to this lifestyle and this lifestyle corrected the problem.  I believe she did a banana island when first coming to this lifestyle and after only 10 days the candida had cleared.  You might want to try a mono fruit island.  Also your own body releasing fat into the bloodstream may very well be the issue but that is actually good if you think about it because it indicates that your body is moving out unnecessary fat and working to get you healthy.  It might just require a little bit of persistence and patience to get through the worsening symptoms before you feel relief.  Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better.  You flare up could also just be a sign that you are healing from it once and for all and that would mean that your body has to get it out and the only way to get it out of your system and out of your body is to have the flare up.  The flare ups might actually be a good sign and be nothing to worry about.

Hopefully others will have more useful advice.  Take care.

Dear Fruit of Life - Thanks for the tips! My family and I are currently in a really tough financial struggle, so I am planning on going on banana island once the rest of the fruit I have is eaten up (so it isn't wasted)! I thought banana island would be one of the least expensive ways for me to stay true to the lifestyle while my family and I get through this rough period. Hopefully, the mono island experience will also help my health overall - especially the candida!

Again, thank you everyone for the kind support! It has only been a week since I posted this and I already am starting to feel better. I plan on implementing all of your suggestions and I am so optimistic for the near future!

Peace and Love!

@Lori, 

Do you mind sharing a sampling of what you eat over a few days time?

Another symptom that is often confused with symptoms of candida is sensitivity to high oxalate foods that include kale, spinach, and chard and or sensitivities to cruciferous veggies like broccoli.  

30BaD FADs: Oxalate Health Impact - 30 Bananas a Day!

We want you to eat your greens, but focus on lettuce greens only and eat about 1/2-2 heads of lettuce greens a day:

30BaD FADs: Benefits of Lettuce Greens - 30 Bananas a Day!

Make sure you are eating enough calories.  Malnutrition and or a weakened immune system can lead to yeast overgrowth.  

30BaD FADs: Why 2500/3000 Calories A Day? - 30 Bananas a Day!

The following formula works well for long term health and success:

Diet in a Banana Peel 

Eat a raw frugivore diet where most carbohydrates and calories come from whole raw ripe sweet and juicy fruits like oranges, papaya, or mangoes, supplemented with about ½-2 heads of lettuce greens a day (not kale, chard, and spinach) and about a handful of raw nuts or seeds a day. Eat simple meals but a rainbow of foods over a period of time.  

Eat enough on a daily basis with at least 2500 calories for females and at least 3000 calories for males.  Drink 2-4 quarts of water a day and pee clear. Get 8-12 hours of sleep as needed. Exercise about 30 minutes a day 5-6 days a week with at least one day off for rest and repairs.  Get about 30 minutes of sunshine a day on your skin for vitamin D, mental health, eye health, and healthy bones and teeth.

For more science behind how to this diet optimally for long term success:

Aloha to 30BaD's Welcome Wagon! - 30 Bananas a Day!

Good Luck and Peace, PK

What I eat varies each day because right now I am under some fairly severe financial burdens which means I haven’t been able to buy any groceries in over 2 weeks. But, in a few days I will be able to get a few groceries when I get paid. I am still looking through the forums for tips on what to do when you have a (very) limited budget and I am not sure what I am going to be able to get besides bananas and a little lettuce. Anyhow, that is another topic discussion!

Anyway, a typical day is usually something like this:

TYPICAL DAY OF EATING

*Breakfast (4:15 AM): raw bananas or frozen bananas blended with water
*Snack (usually 9:30 AM): this is usually just a little fruit. In the past few days here are some of the things I have had as a mono-fruit snack:
- Apples
- Nectarines
- Pineapple
- Grapes
- bananas
*Lunch (usually 1:30 PM): Again, I just take whatever fruit I have in the house with me to work. In the past few days I usually have the same things as I had for my morning snack. So, I would have a mono-meal of apples, nectarines, grapes, or bananas. On one day, I was pretty ravenous so I had a lo-sodium v8 juice (I know, not ideal) since that is what I pack for emergencies in my car.
*Dinner (usually 6:00PM):
Option A: I prefer to have some lettuce (iceberg, green, red, romaine) with a dressing made from whatever fruit I can find in my house blended with some water. I usually have some banana “ice cream” as well after I finish the salad.
Option B: Sliced cucumbers and banana ice cream
Option C: Just banana ice cream if there are no vegetables in the house

I always end up drinking about 2 liters of water each day, but sometimes I have more. I don’t eat overt fats at this time. It doesn’t even sound remotely appetizing to me to chow down on nuts, seeds, or avocado.

My exercise routine is this:
Mon/Tue//Wedn/Thur/Fri: about 15 min. of very light weight lifting followed by 15 minutes of alternating 30sec sprints with 90sec moderate pace followed by steady state cardio on the treadmill (45-100 minutes)
Sat: On this day, I do a longer session of steady state cardio. Usually a minimum of 8 miles, but sometimes as many as 12 miles.
Sun: I will either rest on this day or do a little steady state cardio (3-6 miles)

Before, I was eating some dates with breakfast and dinner. But, now I haven’t had any since it was recommended to not eat them. Instead, I’ve just eaten more of the other fruits to keep up the calories. As soon as I eliminated those dates, the yeast problems almost instantly started clearing up. I really think the elimination of the dried fruit is what cleared up the candida.

I work full time as a Nurse Assistant which is a fairly active job (I also am a full time college student and school starts in a week). I have a past of restriction, but not anymore. I eat all of the fruit and veg I care for and am so much happier! I haven’t been doing this lately, but at first I was weighing my food and entering the info into chronometer. It said I was eating roughly 2000-2500 calories per day and I’ve upped that a little more as I am adjusting to the portions.

I am very sure this was a candida/yeast infection. I am well aware of the oxalate foods as I researched them quite a bit already because I have struggled with IBS since adolescence. Every time I get this painful cracking and rash on my mouth, the tell-tale signs of “down-there-lady-yeast-infection”, etc. and I’ve gone to the doctor, they always diagnosis it as a candida issue – with proven blood tests. I didn’t go to the doctor this time because I don’t have medical insurance right now, but I am POSITIVE this was a yeast flare up. The simple fact that the only thing I changed was the elimination of dried fruit and that cleared up things in about 1 week convinces me this was indeed a yeast flare-up.

THANK YOU so much for the links and information about the diet! The last paragraph of your post was so great that I am going to make a pretty sign with the information and put it into my 80/10/10 journal! I don’t really eat the oxalate foods & I usually eat ½-2 heads of lettuce each day (the only reason I wouldn’t have that each day would be for financial reasons). With my past history of restriction I think that the malnutrition and weakened immune system could definitely make yeast more of a problem for me. Good news is that I am really enjoying this lifestyle and as long as I don’t focus on the scale and fret about any weight gain, I know that this is going to help heal me long-term!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE KIND RESPONSES!

Yeah prevention isn't necesarrily a great source but they are right sometimes and that is absolutely right sleep is critical to so many things but it is really important for hormonal balance and proper functioning.  People don't understand a  lot of times that your insulin response is a hormone in your body and is regulated by hormones.  If you sleep is off your hormones are off and therefore, your insulin response is off.  Sleep is critical but so is low fat intake.  It isn't just one thing but an interaction of factors.  You need sleep, water and sugar :-)  Diet is an important thing but it isn't the only thing.

how do u know u have candida?

is this about the white tongue thing??

i used to have this problem.. and its just gone away and never came back since..

and i eat tons of fruit and i dont have this problem

everyone says fruit makes candida worse.. and that it feeds the candida but u  know what

id be moreworried about feeding myself..

i remember when i had this problem somethign about grapeseed extract

im pretty sure thats sold as a remedy solution to this but i dont think it solved it for me

im pretty sure taking up the ritual of starting my day with 1-1.5 litres of wtaer before i eat

is the reason this hasnt been part of my life in quite some time.

pretty damn sure.

drink more water your white tongue will go away

vitamin c from apples/oranges/lemons/limes

eat celery + cucumber

eat bananas + dates (screw the candida just do it anyway)

focus on drinking plenty of water

actualyl loris comment about the spinach/oaxalic stuff makes sense i used to eat spinach alot

and i dont eat it as much now.. maybe theres a connection

i honestly think its more natural to eat fruit then to eat lettuce too..

eating lettuce has always seemed strange to me

either way. this is a problem that comes + goes for most people

i really reccomend u see it as a symptom of another problem

and not a problem in and of itself

ie: dont buy miracle candida cures

do the whole food elimination and stick to one food that works for u or as little amount of foods that work for u as possible untill u find your health + stability

what is the relationship between silver amalgam fillings/mercury and candida, if any.

http://curezone.org/blogs/fm.asp?i=1340736

give your body what it needs and itll fix the problem

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

The_Raw_Texan posted a photo
6 minutes ago
abigail morrison commented on Karri Underwood's blog post I now know what they mean by "under carbed"!
39 minutes ago
Profile IconTheFriendlyFairy, Carolina Rabbat, Melissa Latzel and 4 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
42 minutes ago
Hailey Johnson posted a status
"Cant exercise for maybe up to 6 months....Im going insane (especially being a distance runner)"
1 hour ago
Carolina Rabbat joined Anna's group
3 hours ago
Lolita replied to Annelife's discussion How Much Protein When Pregnant? in the group Pregnant/Postpartum, Breastfeeding & Fruity!
3 hours ago
Lolita replied to Annelife's discussion How Much Protein When Pregnant? in the group Pregnant/Postpartum, Breastfeeding & Fruity!
3 hours ago
Melissa Latzel posted a discussion
3 hours ago
Melissa Latzel replied to Antonina's discussion Going to Bali in November and December!
3 hours ago
David commented on Bryan's group Youtubers
3 hours ago
Profile IconDavid, Chee and FruityGirl :) joined Bryan's group
3 hours ago
David posted a discussion
4 hours ago
Chanelle is now friends with AJG and TwoWheelsOnly
4 hours ago
Profile IconCARMELLA and Allyson Cheri joined Josh Fossgreen's group
5 hours ago
Cheyanne Perry and Sean Eicher are now friends