30 Bananas a Day!

Hello everyone,

Got the results from my blood test after 6 months HCRV. Potassium is perfect (lol) its 3.8 and the highest is like 5.6 so obviously eating 15 bananas a day isn't messing up my potassium haha. 

My B12 is 200, the highest it goes is like 630 on the range...anyway, I guess my question is whether I should get B12 shots. Is 200 a really bad number? I would love input, thanks..

Best,

Carly

Views: 361

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My understanding is that mere B12 can be misleading and you need a better test like a homocysteine test to say for sure.

If you were in the low 100s then that would be a bad number. 200 is alright... but it's alright depending on what country you are in.

I believe in Canada here the low range is 135 or 140?? In Japan its like 500 or something.

If you are concerned about it, then I would definitely do injections.

You aren't going to hurt yourself by having a B12 in the 7 or 800s.

i would definitely say that is low, yes! ~ getting my bloods done before the month is out..so we'll see how i do!! :)

Check homocysteine. If it is above 10, then u have to get B12 shots. However, high homocysteines can be also caused by law B6 and folate and law B6 and folate can be cause by smoking, coffee and non exercising - but I guess these are not the case with u...

Last year I had B12 below 150. Since then I have been taking Jarrow" methylcobalamine. 3 weeks ago I checked my homocysteine and it is 6.5, while the range is from 5 to 12. But more importantly, I switched from cooked vegan and HFRV to HCRV...

My mate has been taking Jarrow b12. Did zip based on his last blood test a few days ago. He took it for months. Gave him a b12 shot today in the deltoid. Took me 40 seconds.

Sublinguals are a waste of time and money compared to b12 intramuscular injections in my experience dealing with many peeps. Ive given over 70 shots now. All happy campers.

From raw meat eaters to people talking subs. Nobody has gotten the rise in b12 and decrease in homocysteine like they get after a course of cheap and easy b12 shots.

My mate was eating a 4 oz bag of raw cashews. He was writing off b12 shots. I told him that I would be written off if I ate a bag of cashews but cant even tell if Ive had a b12 shot. 

200 is too low. 550 is the minimum cut off in Japan. 140 in most Aussie labs. If you were a coached athlete, your coach would have you on injections regardless of your diet. A good coach anyway. One that was up to date.

Thanks DR. Will use your advice to good use :)

I think most people should supplement. It is water soluble so excess will be excreted. My doctor gave me shots at around 200 so I would say supplement.

It wouldnt hurt if youre concered about it, very easy to inject by self. Its cheap here in Can without a scrip and the drug store will give you a free sharps container (needle dissposal box) if you ask for it.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Profile IconZyanya Luna Metztli, Kelly wells, Dan Bryan and 9 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
5 minutes ago
Becca replied to Nathan Pritchard's discussion acid reflux
8 minutes ago
LONGEVITY replied to Nerada's discussion I miss it... so much...
9 minutes ago
Katie Ann replied to Katie Ann's discussion Issues with pineapple?
12 minutes ago
Brad Ramsay commented on ♥ Love ♥'s photo
14 minutes ago
Brad Ramsay replied to Katie Ann's discussion Issues with pineapple?
16 minutes ago
LONGEVITY replied to Teeontay Moore's discussion Bananas NOT Digesting!
18 minutes ago
elie chouinard posted a status
"This horse has probably been beaten to death, but how do you loose weight by taking in more calories than you burn?"
18 minutes ago
21 minutes ago
Jelle commented on Jelle's photo
28 minutes ago
Gousti Fruit replied to Katie Ann's discussion Issues with pineapple?
29 minutes ago
Diane L replied to Teeontay Moore's discussion Bananas NOT Digesting!
30 minutes ago
36 minutes ago
Nerada replied to Nerada's discussion I miss it... so much...
38 minutes ago
Gousti Fruit replied to Katie Ann's discussion Issues with pineapple?
38 minutes ago
Dustin commented on ♥ Love ♥'s photo
39 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service