30 Bananas a Day!

Hey guys,

I've been looking into WWOOFing for a few weeks because I want to learn about sustainable organic farming and eat tropical fruit in a beautiful location. Right now my focus is on Hawaii, and I just came across this article while doing some research.

GMO papaya farm gets nuked

I don't know who decided they could take mother nature's perfection into a lab and reconfigure the chemistry of life, but I know the health of the population wasn't funding the operation.

What exactly are the negative aspects of a GMO food? I know they're bad cause they aren't natural by any means but I cant help but ponder for a more in depth analysis.

Any thoughts?

Views: 102

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is interesting... I LOVE papayas. I never see them organic around here. It's such a bummer. But I'm always hoping they're not gmo, and that the pesticides don't penetrate through the core.

There's a list called the dirty dozen which lists the 12 top foods to buy organic - based on pesticides. But I don't think they account for the potential GMO damage. 

It's really hard to tell what the damage may even be -- but why play with mother nature? It's just like humans to assume that we know the way things should be and force them to be that way - who knows if those plants should exist, would they even survive in the wild? 

Many times things are genetically modified so that they interact with pesticides in a certain way. I believe this is the most common reason to genetically modify things... either way, yikes. If I had a choice, I'd avoid it.

Article on negative health effects of gmo:
http://www.raw-wisdom.com/50harmful.

Good docs on Gmo's

Seeds of Deception- Jefferey Smith

All his info is good

The world according to Monsanto

Genetically modified trees

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Tania replied to Hailey Johnson's discussion How much exercise is enough?
25 minutes ago
Sasha and Rachel Harpham are now friends
36 minutes ago
ednshell replied to Get Raw Vegan's discussion Advice on suppliments
51 minutes ago
Daniel Pinkus posted a discussion
52 minutes ago
Nakd Nutrition commented on Lily's blog post Questioning My Self Worth and Right to Live Healthily
1 hour ago
Cassie K posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted an event

FRUITY CHRISTMAS !! December 20th Fruitluck! at Honeymoon Island State Park

December 20, 2014 from 11am to 2pm
1 hour ago
Jasmin Houle replied to Steph's discussion new study on carbs & fats showing that fat is healthier than carbs (please help debunk)
1 hour ago
Chiara joined Jasmin's group
1 hour ago
Dominic replied to Claudia Isabel's discussion am I doing it the wrong way?
1 hour ago
FortWorthFamous commented on Reno McCallister's blog post Based on our ancestors, evolution, BodyType etc. do each of us have different dietary needs?
1 hour ago
Raychil replied to Get Raw Vegan's discussion Advice on suppliments
1 hour ago
Nicolas HAGUET replied to Steph's discussion new study on carbs & fats showing that fat is healthier than carbs (please help debunk)
1 hour ago
Raychil commented on Jordan Minter's blog post can Rt4 Cure my Hypothyroidism?
1 hour ago
GardenGirl and Babylon are now friends
2 hours ago
Steph replied to Steph's discussion new study on carbs & fats showing that fat is healthier than carbs (please help debunk)
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service