30 Bananas a Day!

I was wondering if you are allowed to bring fruit on an airplane?

Sarah told me YES, and that she brings fruit with her when she flies.

But some other people throughout the day told me no.

So I am just wondering if YOU have any experience with this!??

I only ask because I leave for Boulder, Colorado on Thursday and i have A LOT OF FRUIT that i cannot eat by then.

Let me know!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! =)

Tags: airplane, fruit, traveling

Views: 739

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YEAH im so excited to hang out with you!!! =)

I saw that vid too... but i was thinking that maybe that was because it was enclosed in a PACKAGE!? I guess fruit is too... bananas are each in their own natural package!? lol... airplane rules are always weird though!???
You apparently can bring it on and eat it, you're just not allowed to take it off again.
What do you mean take it off again?
If your flying in your own country no problem

From Canada to the USA and vice versa no.

They are afraid of some cross contimation.

So make sure you eat all of it before you cross over.

But they don't worry about leting in Burger Boys and girls with no worries of contimination :-)
Okay thank you. yeah i'm just flying in the U.S. so hopefully there will be NO PROBLEM.
....but that means that i definitely CAN bring them?

Wow, i wonder why they turn black!?
I took 10 bananas transatlantic - Glasgow to Vancouver - and had no problems with blackness......hmmm.....they do seem a lot less appetizing up there in the big tin box though....I'd rather fast.
You can fly within the US with fruit, I have in India as well. You can even bring it between countries but you don't claim it (shhhh don't tell).

The bananas turn black if it's in your checked luggage, not in your carry on. This is because it is not temp. controlled in the luggage cabin and it gets to the outside temp, or between -30 and - 60 degrees or so (around there).

I have taken paper bags full of pineapple, pears, oranges, berries, etc.
Yes, you can definitely bring fruit on the plane. I just flew to California a few weeks ago and brought plenty of bananas with me. Some places you might not be able to take it off with you (like Hawaii) but Colorado would be no problem.

I'm guessing you're going to Nationals - if so, good luck! I wasn't around for the competitions at my climbing gym but I know a few people from there are going. Should be a lot of fun.
Thanks everyone!

Joey, yepp I'm headed to nationals. Thank you. RawClimber (Nicole) is going too. I am super psyched!!!
Yes you can take it on the plane, I have done it many times, most recently 4 times in the past year from NY to London and back again. As long as its in your carry on luggage it will be fine, I know also you're not meant to take it into the new country that you land in but many times I have not eaten it all on the plane and it has been fine to take it with me as they do not check your luggage after you have landed. Its only fruit after all, it cannot hurt anyone!! I know they are funny about liquids so juices will not be allowed but fruit is fine. I hope this helps :-)
The last time i flew was about 2 years ago. i always bring fruit with me on the plane in my carry-on bag. i have never had a problem. Now i don't know if the rules have since changed, but i hope not. Just don't bring a knife (i made that mistake), you'll get more than the 3rd degree from security.

Grace and Pece be multiplied.

todd

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Profile IconGillian D, Veronica Lara, Bree and 14 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
28 minutes ago
Ali Washington posted a blog post
31 minutes ago
Martin Wright replied to Jeanne's discussion Eating rice in the morning
35 minutes ago
MistyRaw posted a photo
40 minutes ago
Amanda Marie replied to A Wondering Vegan's discussion White rice and Type 2 Diabetes in the group High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions
42 minutes ago
MistyRaw and Frantz are now friends
1 hour ago
Kelly Kurcina replied to Rich Steels's discussion 8 Months in and getting fatter by the day in the group High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions
1 hour ago
Profile IconLilly and Jack McKenna joined Amy Apricot's group
1 hour ago
Lilly joined Josh h.'s group
1 hour ago
A Wondering Vegan replied to A Wondering Vegan's discussion White rice and Type 2 Diabetes in the group High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions
1 hour ago
PK replied to Apple girl's discussion Hormone Replacement Therapy
1 hour ago
Taka replied to Mina K's discussion Why do high carb vegans seem to be more sensitive to salt?
1 hour ago
Rich Steels replied to A Wondering Vegan's discussion White rice and Type 2 Diabetes in the group High Carb Cooked Vegan Discussions
1 hour ago
BananaStatesofAMERICA! (BSOA) replied to Mina K's discussion Why do high carb vegans seem to be more sensitive to salt?
1 hour ago
PK replied to wildy's discussion Beans , nuts and grains good or bad for optimal health ?
1 hour ago
PK replied to Nathan Pritchard's discussion meat
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service