30 Bananas a Day!

Friends, I need you now more than ever. Offer some guidance please

I know in the depths of my hear that 811 is whats right for me. I feel best when I eat this way and want to continue. I went 811 about a month ago and for the first 2 weeks I ate 100% and felt fantastic! My face got noticeably better and I felt happier and more energized. I had a little slip up 2 weeks ago when I went to visit my family and since then I have not been able to stay 100%. I got for a day or 2 fully 811 and then my head starts messing with me. I start wondering if this is right for me and "maybe a little bit of rice or tofu wouldnt kill me" etc. etc. I sound like my mother when that happens! Then I eat the damn food and feel like ****. Or at least not as good as when I eat juicy fruit. Another thing that happens is that when I'm eating fruit I start to feel an aversion to it. Basically, when I'm eating raw I'm wanting to eat cooked and when I eat something cooked I crave my fruit sooo much and wish I hadnt eaten the cooked food. I know that the latter is my true feeling. Why the hell would I want to eat something that makes me tired and lethargic? And, when I eat cooked its never animal products or fat. Its sweet potatoes, rice, tofu. This is food that these days most consider "healthy" but it makes me feel like s***.

I need some inspiration. Please tell me your experience, offer advice and let me know how long you've been doing this. I need you now dear friends, I want to do this but am getting discouraged. This back and forth action is wearing me out. Thank you for your wonderful support.

Views: 2677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha thats great!

You already admitted that 811 makes you feel great, so you have already answered your own question. Letting go of old habits requires some ump! but once you are over that bridge you will be glad you did. I had horrible cooked food cravings when I started. I thought, this it was it feels like to be addicted..but I soldiered on and here I am on banana island. Whoo-hoo!! (go me) You have to make the conscious choice to go at 100% and only look forward. The benefits of this lifestyle are unreal!! Who wouldn't want to have loads of energy, a great body, a clear head, stable emotions, perfect health...;)

Hey Jessie, how long have you been doing 811? How long did it take for you to get over the cooked cravings? Congrats on the banana island! I've been feeling an aversion to bananas lately. Hopefully that will go away soon because a box of nanas is so cheap. Youre totally right about the benefits! They speak for themselves. 

I don't recall exactly but it lasted a good few weeks. I was in total shock how addicted I was! It took all the will power I had to not hit the local fast food joint every night. It was rough, but then I noticed that if I had a lot of calories in the morning it really helped at night. Overall, it just takes perseverance and will power. Whatever, don't give up even if you fall off the wagon. I am into my 4th month and it has been an uphill battle but I am winning!! 

Its so inspiring to hear that! I'm glad you made it through. Not to give up even when I fall of the wagon is such fundamental advice. I always seem to forget that though and every time I feel myself craving cooked food I keep thinking "maybe a fruit based diet isnt for me" and then when I end up having the cooked food I realize, "oh yes it is!" But I think the great point youre making is that even if I'm craving something or end up eating something cooked the fruit lifestyle is far superior and it doesnt mean that I have failed and can never go back to raw again. I tend to be an all or nothing kind of person and while I think its way better to go all the way it doesnt mean that if I fall of the wagon that I cant do raw. thanks for making such a great point!

And I had the same problem with bananas...but I force them down. It is working and one of the reasons I went on banana island. I was eating a lot of dates..but they are more expensive and smaller. I needed to be able to eat mostly bananas. They are dense and cheaper. So if I started eating only bananas my stomach would have to adjust to larger quantities of foods. My digestion was not that great either so eating only bananas should heal any issues I might have. So far, so good. I only eat bananas and when you are really hungry it's easier to get them down. 

I tried to eat only bananas for a few days because I got a box from whole foods but I just couldnt do it! Are you starting to enjoy them more now? How many days have you been on the B. island?

I'm new and not even 100% there yet, hope you get the help you need. [hugs]

Thanks for the support Princessliz! :)

I am doing the same thing! and trying to cure a disease too! not making much progress, but a lot better than when I ate oil and overt fat "a hell a lot better"so I will need to fallow this discussion too! 

I was raw gourmet before going 811 and didnt feel very good. I'd eat a whole lot of coconut oil, nuts, seeds, nut butters, cacao, you name it! I definitely felt better than cooked but in no way as great as 811!

I feel the same way when I eat raw, I crave cooked. And when eating cooked, I wished I hadn't. What I need is a totally raw environment. And to have enough fruit in the house at all times, which requires me getting a job.. Grrr. :(

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service