30 Bananas a Day!

Do you want to live forever? I got this from a co-worker while explaining my raw vegan diet. He said "you could get hit by a bus tomorrow and it will be all meaningless. The pleasure in life is eating good (steaks, chicken, fish, Pasta, alcohol and so on) Why bother eating leaves?"

I preach a lot about this diet to friends, family, and coworkers. Most are receptive and understand the benefits but others block their consciousness as doing bad is good and deem what I do as silly.

I know in my heart in what I'm doing is right. Has anyone got the same comment? Comments like this don't bother me anymore. I just nod my head and think you poor bastard lol. I use humor for people like this, it keeps me sane and not angry.

Views: 1106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Eric,

When I write, it is usually with the intention of people Thriving, not just living and surviving. 

I highly recommend that when your exams are over, that you purchase and read the 80 10 10 book by Dr. Graham.  It is an easy and fast read, and it will answer the questions you asked above regarding grains, starches, root veggies and beans and legumes.

http://foodnsport.com/shop/books/the-80-10-10-diet.php

The Nutrition and Phys Degen book is more of a tool that we can use in proving a low fat raw fruitarian diet is best in that it is a tool that proves the problems that cooking and processing foods do to humans both in short term degeneration and in generational birth defects.  It should be no means be used a final source of dietary information.

Grains: 

People might only improve their long term health by about 10%.  For example, people on animal based diets have about a 40% chance of cardiovascular incidents, people on grain based diets a 30% chance.  That is not much of a risk reduction considering the efforts they are going through.  Of course from an animal rights perspective, that is a whole other ball game. 

While yes, many people who have gone on animal and fat free grain based diets may have a reprieve in cardiovascular disease, long term, many of them still suffer from degenerative diseases of various forms.  Ironically, although not necessarily fat and cholesterol based, people on  high grain diets may still suffer from atherosclerosis, meaning hardening of the arteries.  As the body buffers the acidic conditions caused by grains, calcium is pulled from the bones, and it may replace healthy vascular tissues turning veins and arteries from flexible hoses to stiff and rigid.  If these arteries break in the neck and head, they can cause strokes.  In the heart region, they can still block blood flow to the heart, and in other areas of the body, blood clots. 

Regarding Celiac disease:  Think of Celiac as having a similar word root as cereal crops which are our grain based crops like wheat, barley, oats, rye, rice, and some classify corn as a cereal crop too. 

Here is a shorter to read than the above mentioned books, PubMed Article about the causes and origins of Celiac disease, that is grains and or their glutens, and the symptoms.:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001280/

Although I do not classify root veggies and beans as grains, I still advise people not to eat these as well as to avoid the cruciferous veggies like broccoli. 

You can read more about how and why a diet based on low fat raw fruits and leafy greens like romaine lettuce leaves is optimal for humans in our welcome wagon.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/profiles/blogs/30bad-banana-wagon-tour

Good luck on your exams and Peace, PK

Beautifully expressed, PK

Thank you for your kind words dandelion:D  Peace, PK

greetings ignazio! welcome to 30bad!

what you have here is a case of the ad hoc fallacy, specifically these two examples:

Life is supposed to be fun
I don't want to live forever!

i think both paxkey and pk have pointed out the important issue regarding quality of life. unfortunately, people who want to make excuses will argue that their quality of life requires doing things that invariably damage their health - which is not a sensible argument, but it is the only one they can desperately resort to!

i would add further to both their excellent posts by saying that no one has the right to diminish the quality of life of others (regardless of whatever stupid choices they make for themselves).

specifically, this means one should not be allowed to:

• support the imprisonment, exploitation, abuse and murder of sentient beings eg animals, or humans (assuming one indulges in cannabilism)
  • become a burden to another (caretaking can be severely stressful on the caretaker)
  • become a burden in society (our tax dollars should go to more deserving causes than propping up irresponsible, selfish, ego-centered individuals who ate, drank, smoked and partied themselves into helplessness)

it is humorous to some extent, except i don't think it's funny anymore.

and what you are doing is definitely right!

in friendship,

prad

@Prad,

A big like for your post too! 

I think I was trying to say what you articulated so well, the concept of becoming a burden on a caretaker and society. 

I think many people are already aware of the AR thing, and have made up their minds to be for it or against it. 

What many people do not realize is the burden concept, and how egotistic this is, and how little they give back to the society that has nurtured and supported them, and sometimes, they die in a deficit, especially if they were not instantly killed by a bus, rather running of tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands in medical costs. 

Not to mention the fact that they may not be able to care for, nourish, and educate their own children and the the burden of orphans they leave behind for society to deal with. 

That does not mean they are intentionally being malicious, but that is the reality and outcome of their choices, denial, and their just live in the moment and it is all about me attitude.

Peace, PK

it is all about me attitude

that's all it is, pk! just as you've identified it in your fine post!

even ar activists aren't immune. i know many who knock themselves out for the animals at least by stressing out. they don't take care of themselves, smoke and drink (don't do corpse of course), using the usual lines when their 'way' is questioned:

"i'm too busy"

"who wants to live that long anyway"

"the only thing i regret is that i was born in this time, so i look forward to dying"

i know most really mean well, but if you really want to help those who need help, it is necessary to do 2 things:

1. improve yourself (don't stagnate or deteriorate)
  2. use that improvement for the benefit of others (don't be a narcissist)

you don't further evolution too much by making excuses or by whining. that's not what it's about.

here's the thing in precise terms:

FRODO
I wish the ring had never come to me...I wish none of this had happened.

GANDALF
So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/xn/detail/2684079:Comment:529717

that's all it is about.

in friendship,

prad

@bmoojeni,

And I want to leave planet earth a better place than I found it:D

Peace, PK

People like that don't live a very conscious life and they need excuses not to have any discipline and act like a wild aminal. They want to eat, smoke, snort, screw whatever suits them with little or no consequences. They however, end up freaking out when their choices come back and bite them in the arse. It's all ego.

Very True!

I hear this ALL the time.  I have a great quote for this argument that I always come back with "if you go forward, you'll die, if you go backward you'll die, it's better to go forward".   Also I just speak from the heart and say I'd rather be vibrant and healthy and get the most out of life while I'm still here.  Good food helps me accomplish more in my short time here.  I could go on and on, but I usually stop there.

Jason

I honestly don't care how long I live.  I eat the way I eat because I love having a clear and focused mental state.

I get these kind of comments all the time -- and I tell people that the point isn't HOW LONG you live, but HOW you live/feel - eat crap and feel crap, eat great and feel great! Simple as that!

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service