30 Bananas a Day!

I simply love fruit!  I also love greens!  I love 80/10/10 and everything about it.  My health has improved beyond my wildest dreams.  And, I'm not through yet! LOL 

Many in the 811rv community recommend a pound of greens a day.  I am doing that in my juice feasting journey which ends in 2 weeks.  I love green smoothies and my salads each night are legendary!  I do have no problem with the pound of greens per day.

A dear friend of mine and 30BAD'r and 811rv of course! and I discussed the necessity of following that rule.  I teach this as part of my mentoring to my students who are improving their health via the road to high carb/low fat.  My friend is very well educated in the health and raw food movement and I value her sage wisdom.  She doesn't feel it is a necessary part of a 811rv lifestyle.  Again, I do value her viewpoints.  I also love my pound of greens per day.

What is your take on this important part of a healthy low fat raw vegan diet? 

Views: 4465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much!!!

Is it okay to do wheat grass or sprouts?????  I am new to this!

I don't think so. I'm checking into this myself.

Thanks!

If you'd plunk down and happily munch through half a tray of wheatgrass, then sure, do it.  Most people find sprouts don't digest very well.  Some of the tender ones like alfalfa and clover might digest all right and, if they're that important to you, go for it.  They're not considered optimal, though.

Okay, that makes sense.  I actually don't like them that well, but have grown them and heard how healthy they were for you!!!  I was just wondering what the thought was on here.  Thanks!!!

i cant stomach all the greens if im loaded on fruit already so sometimes ill juice them/put them in a smoothie.

RSS

30BaD Search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

THE RT4 BIBLE IS OUT!!! CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW

Latest Activity

Chris F replied to Kelin's discussion What's the most annoying thing anyone has said to you about your diet?
5 minutes ago
Profile IconVeganStew, Aster Grossim, Nura Zaggas and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
32 minutes ago
Peter replied to Chloe's discussion Factory Farming
55 minutes ago
VeganS***Blog replied to VeganS***Blog's discussion Alternative to Boar bristle brush?
57 minutes ago
Chloe posted a discussion
7 hours ago
Amy and Chris F are now friends
8 hours ago
Chris F replied to Bar B Sunshine's discussion Making new in friends in Chicago! in the group Chicago & other Midwesterners
10 hours ago
Chris F replied to Jane Jensen's discussion Where to buy in the group Chicago & other Midwesterners
10 hours ago
Chris F joined par's group
10 hours ago
Chris F joined Bite Size Vegan's group
10 hours ago
Chris F joined Marina's group
10 hours ago
Chris F replied to RawGreenAmber's discussion University: the question of dropping out. in the group Not Playing your game
10 hours ago
Chris F joined Rawgasm's group
10 hours ago
Chris F replied to Taylee's discussion Tiny Acne Bumps on Forehead and Side of Face
10 hours ago
Spiffy Barbarella posted a status
"Day 5 into Rt4. Moral of the story so far: Fill up on fruit!"
10 hours ago
BackFromTheDead replied to flyvegan's discussion Meat is tearing my family apart? Advice please?
12 hours ago

© 2016   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service