30 Bananas a Day!

I simply love fruit!  I also love greens!  I love 80/10/10 and everything about it.  My health has improved beyond my wildest dreams.  And, I'm not through yet! LOL 

Many in the 811rv community recommend a pound of greens a day.  I am doing that in my juice feasting journey which ends in 2 weeks.  I love green smoothies and my salads each night are legendary!  I do have no problem with the pound of greens per day.

A dear friend of mine and 30BAD'r and 811rv of course! and I discussed the necessity of following that rule.  I teach this as part of my mentoring to my students who are improving their health via the road to high carb/low fat.  My friend is very well educated in the health and raw food movement and I value her sage wisdom.  She doesn't feel it is a necessary part of a 811rv lifestyle.  Again, I do value her viewpoints.  I also love my pound of greens per day.

What is your take on this important part of a healthy low fat raw vegan diet? 

Views: 3744

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm so proud of you. You go girlfriend!

Thank you so much!!!

Is it okay to do wheat grass or sprouts?????  I am new to this!

I don't think so. I'm checking into this myself.

Thanks!

If you'd plunk down and happily munch through half a tray of wheatgrass, then sure, do it.  Most people find sprouts don't digest very well.  Some of the tender ones like alfalfa and clover might digest all right and, if they're that important to you, go for it.  They're not considered optimal, though.

Okay, that makes sense.  I actually don't like them that well, but have grown them and heard how healthy they were for you!!!  I was just wondering what the thought was on here.  Thanks!!!

i cant stomach all the greens if im loaded on fruit already so sometimes ill juice them/put them in a smoothie.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Peter HighCarbTeen and Candice Griffin are now friends
19 minutes ago
GardenGirl commented on Jordan Minter's blog post can Rt4 Cure my Hypothyroidism?
41 minutes ago
passionateraw replied to Bliss's discussion Why do Oats and Potatos lead to MAD weight gain???
1 hour ago
Cassie K commented on Lekoma Akate's group Gardening for food and fun.
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
1 hour ago
Ali Washington posted a blog post
1 hour ago
Mindaugas BananaHoover added a discussion to the group 811 Ireland
1 hour ago
Dominic commented on Windlord's photo
1 hour ago
Aedric posted a photo
2 hours ago
Cassie K commented on Jay Don't Cook's group Self Sufficiency using Permaculture
2 hours ago
Aedric replied to Mikey Quark's discussion Worst Questions At Thanksgiving Dinner & Best Answers
2 hours ago
Joseph Glover replied to Bliss's discussion Why do Oats and Potatos lead to MAD weight gain???
2 hours ago
Sorsha Morava commented on Bite Size Vegan's video
3 hours ago
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. posted a discussion
4 hours ago
Bliss replied to Noor Younes's discussion I give up! I have to go back to calorie restriction!
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service