30 Bananas a Day!

My last experience with this was 1.5 years ago. I had lost some weight and as a result my period disappeared. I wasn't underweight or anything, but I wasn't eating any fat and was over exercising. I decided to eat 3000+ calories a day plus eat an avocado a day to try and get my period back. Fifteen pounds and two months later I got my period back, but I was unhappy with myself. It took me six months to lose the fifteen pounds plus an extra 10-15 lbs more. I cut out fat again and was training for a marathon. The marathon is over and I only run 35-45 miles a week, plus I ride my bike everywhere, I take one rest day a week, and I eat 15-20% fat now. I've gained five pounds in the last month due to eating more calories (from nuts and seeds) because I'm trying to see if I can get my period back just upping my fat. Unfortunately, eating nuts/seeds makes me just want more, hence I've been eating like 2 cups worth of nuts everyday for almost a week or two.
I'm going to incorporate nuts/seeds into my salads only now to prevent cravings, and I'm going to decrease my exercise, but is there anything else I can do to get my period back besides gain weight?

I have a food baby right now from eating a cup of mixed walnuts/cashews/pumpkin seeds/sunflower seeds plus under a cup of soaked oats to stop the cravings. And this was after eating a bowl of steamed brocoli/cauliflower/carrots, two tomatoes, and four medium sweet potatoes. I didn't get a picture, but the pictures attached are typical meals for me every day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. I don't snack. Sometimes I only eat one or two large meals a day.

Views: 194

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

a couple of raw discussions on topic...

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/healthy-women-don-t-have-...

http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/changes-in-menstrual-cycl...

A few women have gotten lighter periods or even completely lost their periods, (not stopped ovulation though), on 100% raw but not on cooked vegan or even high raw.  It does sound like you may be under eating for your activity level, so I would think this is most likely what is effecting your periods.  Here are some good things to read/watch on topic:  

Aloha to 30BaD's Welcome Wagon!

"The Physiological Enigma of Women"

How I lost my period on a RAW VEGAN Diet

ADDRESSING FEMININE ISSUES ON A RAW FOOD DIET

Hope these discussions are helpful to you! :)

Thank you for the reply!

I wouldn't overeat on nuts if I was you.  Even though they are listed as having loads of calories and fat you only absorb a small portion of that because of how easily they just pass through.  They are notorious for creating that bloaty food baby you're talking about.  A few every once in a while is fine but I wouldn't make them a large part of my daily diet.  I'd focus on getting more protein from beans and lentils instead of nuts. 

Also, stop worrying about losing/maintaining a low weight.  Eat healthy whole foods.  It doesn't matter what number you see when you step on a scale.

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Millie Charlotte replied to Naomi's discussion How to tell grandparents
12 hours ago
Naomi replied to Naomi's discussion How to tell grandparents
14 hours ago
Naomi joined Josh h.'s group
14 hours ago
Profile IconMillie Charlotte, Donna, George Markey and 5 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
18 hours ago
VeganKeyes's photo was featured
18 hours ago
Kelly Kurcina commented on Ginger's blog post My Secrets of a Svelte and Healthy Body
18 hours ago
Ben Trovato posted videos
yesterday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Get Healthy!

Get healthy today. Treat your body with the utmost respect. Live well to be well. Eat clean. Live hard. Have fun. This moment you can start. You can do anyth...
yesterday
naringian replied to Rawpunzel's discussion Too much Vitamin A... Overdose
Wednesday
Dominic replied to Marin Farrell's discussion Do I need to gain weight to get my period back?
Monday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Marin Farrell replied to Marin Farrell's discussion Do I need to gain weight to get my period back?
Jul 15
Profile IconKate Smith, Pink81, Alexis Claire and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Jul 15
Ben Trovato posted a video

Chiles Peach Orchard - Review & Info - A Fun Destination & Producer of Top Quality Fruit

This video is a review of Chiles Peach Orchard, along with tips and information about what to expect if you make this a destination road trip. You should vis...
Jul 15
Herro World posted a video

Fruitarian Rapsody TF Music Video Update June 2017

Yeah, buildings, supplies, didn't get much for plants on this video but it is growing! And more has been planted be assured!
Jul 15
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Take Breaks!

Take breaks to be more productive. You'll feel better, work more efficiently and do more than just work. Work is great. It's great when you're doing what you...
Jul 15

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service