30 Bananas a Day!

Just want to know how many of you here are attached to someone who is also leading the same lifestyle as you and how that affects your relationship? It seems pretty damn hard to find someone who is on the same journey as me or at least wants to jump on the wagon for a ride...I guess i'm just wondering if any of you here are going through the same frustrations and how are you overcoming them...

- lonely banana lover

Views: 2417

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had the same food prep thing with my girlfriend 12 years ago. I was eating cooked carbs for dinner at the time. She transitioned almost overnight while I chose to "ramp" it over six months. Interestingly, seven years later she went two steps backwards into bad food choices while I only went further and stronger. But the different food preps and personal meals did not put a strain on our relationship. Like Steffi pointed out, diet does not determine love. Luckily my gf in this example and myself were both almost total natural hygiene as well (no garlic onion salt spices etc) so we did not gross each other out. Granted, that could be a factor that makes a person's diet choices intolerable .

If you wait for a fruitie to come along then you had better be mighty patient. I've posted about this before. The key is to create them. That's right. In your "fruit laboratory". The main thing is to choose someone who sparks your chemistry, and you enjoy each other. The diet part is "easy", if you use your vibrant example plus you know how to seduce with food. As Chase touched on, you have to learn how to make some raw comfort food dishes that literally taste better than cooked. If your love interest is not vegan yet (most women want to be; many men will come around too if the women put a little effort in, and appeal to their reasoning) Most important is to have them try it, and see their physical performance in all areas improve. Everyone loves to feel good, so this is a no brainer!

(Lfrv or Hclf men have a huge advantage. In my experience, 90% of womyn in general would love to meet a man who does not stink when he sweats, has plenty of energy, is always smiling and never complaining, and who exudes health while concerned about all life on the planet. )

So finding a love interest is no different than when you are cooked... Listen, when you are luckier and more blessed to have evolved this way, then you have the burden to put some loving effort in to get what you want in terms of love.

If you can not stand the way they smell and taste then just have fun in other more creative ways until you have "transformed" them or "created your monster".... good things come to those who wait. And what better foreplay  anyway?

If this is directed at me, I have all the time in the world. I rush nothing. :)

As a non-gourmet (mostly raw) lowfat vegan who doesn't bother with recipes at all, I have no desire to make dishes for others - it's stressful and I think that's something everyone should do for themselves (unless they are ill or in any other way unable to provide for themselves).

^^I may come across as an arrogant selfish b**** with my statement, but it is not meant to hurt, I am just being honest. I have my reasons for not engaging into gourmet recipes and always providing for myself/only eating my own foods (vegan - mostly raw) and since I found this way of eating, I am much happier and I feel so much healthier - physically and psychologically.

For people that like to make gourmet dishes - whether for themselves or for others, that's fine. I accept that, but I also expect them to accept my choices. When both sides can accept, then is everything peaceful and harmonious. :)

^^Hopefully I'm making sense.

I was not even thinking of your comment. I did not even see it when I wrote mine. I agree with you, for my own diet. But sometimes we may choose to exert some effort when we want to help someone transition. I am not bragging when I tell you that I have changed some lives. And these were not clients who found my raw wellness center; I am talking about those I met who had no intention whatsoever about being raw let alone vegan, let alone lfrv. You can say whatever you please- I have zero conflict with this topic. I am at peace since I know how to solve "the problem" of how to handle those who do not eat this way that we are either in a relationship with, or desire to be. I was just sharing my experience.

Okay, thank you Chris for the feedback. :)

If i could find someone who's into the food I am, i'd follow them to the ends of the earth ^^

like!  :)

if your not vegan then you dont come near me - i dont do dead corpse sacks on two legs.

Haha.. :)

Love it!

+1 @ vegan witch :)

I'm on the same boat - I broke up a five year relationship because she would not want to continue the vegan journey with me. We were thinking about family and the thought that my kids would be eating SAD would be the most hypocritical thing I would ever allow and I couldn't not do it. So for the past year, I've been single - I rather stay like this and hopefully end up with someone that is as passionate about being vegan as I am. I don't see a normal relationship with someone non-vegan because it is part of our daily lives - its not a diet but a lifestyle. It's not only about what we eat but everything else - the animals, the environment, etc. So yes, the frustrations are the same but never give up hope - your banana knight will show up one day, just like my banana princess ;-)

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Summer Alvarez replied to pandame's discussion Raw Protein
1 minute ago
Fruit of Life commented on Katie Small's photo
8 minutes ago
Aaron Williams and Vicente Rodriguez are now friends
20 minutes ago
Profile IconTasha Taylor, Joanna Fiore and Javier joined 30 Bananas a Day!
28 minutes ago
GardenGirl replied to Erica Traver's discussion I might have saved a life today with this lifestyle...
30 minutes ago
Get RAw VEGan replied to Get RAw VEGan's discussion faceless people
31 minutes ago
Profile IconStar Burlin, Marina Mares and 2 other members joined Anna's group
32 minutes ago
mathyou posted a video

5K cals. Thanks, Harley

Thanks DR and Freelee for opening my mind to the concept of unlimited cals. Go to the actual video on YouTube to get links to doctors, athletes, and other YouTubers I was referring to in this video.
35 minutes ago
Raw Ross posted a video

Do NOT watch Raw Ross videos

Raw Ross success and nutrition coach update summer 2014 If you liked it like it, if you loved it subscribe. http://www.rawross.com http://www.facebookcom/car...
35 minutes ago
Vegetable Police posted a video

Aliens told me to buy bananas

Subscribe to my channel unless you hate being healthy, and hate laughing.
35 minutes ago
Airin Oluwapelumi posted a video

Blueberry Bliss Ice cream #Vegan #Healthy

With just 2 simple ingredients and a blender you can have this ice cream in less then 3 min. This is the best tasting ice cream EVERRR and my personal fav!!!...
35 minutes ago
cecilie malene posted a video

My life before Raw

How was my life before I found raw foods? I share the beautiful transformation and opening experience that Raw foods gave me and how they sparked an inner jo...
36 minutes ago