30 Bananas a Day!

CUTTING THE CRAP - what "stuff" have you ditched since going 801010?

I'm only still relatively fresh to this but to date, I haven't bought a single piece of clothing (apart from maybe undies) or shoes. I don't own cosmetics or moisturizers or any of that gunk.

We have no more microwave (it didn't occur to me at how 'weird' this was until somebody came over the other day and went on and on about it - hence, prompting this discussion).

Anyways, off the top of my head and for the moment they're the biggies. I'm sure there'll be plenty more along the way.

What crap have YOU ditched?

Views: 1683

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cutting the crap -

90% of my kitchen

50% of my wardrobe

50% of my entire home contents

instead of my home storing my valuables - now my body does.

"instead of my home storing my valuables - now my body does"

ooo, I like that!

+2 I like that too! Sounds sexy lol

I used to fancy myself a collector of Nike Air Jordans.  I'd wear em, so they weren't mint or anything, but still I managed to nab em five or six years in a row.  

Once, I even shelled out 200 bills for a pair, but they included a handy dandy cheap little suitcase and DVD, so I guess the price was justified :/)

Good to hear you're saving your dosh for something more worthwhile.

So far I've ditched all of my face wash/facial moisturizers, shampoo, conditioner.... that's it for now I think. B/f still eats cooked vegan, so I can't ditch the microwave, yet.

is he aware of how bad the microwave is tryx ?

please show him this - http://execonn.com/sf/

Wow... I had no idea!

I will tell him, but he probably won't listen right away. He IS very stubborn... and I did literally just talk him into going vegan just a few weeks ago. I figure I will take all of this stuff slow with him, instead of overloading him with health/ethics stuff all at once and making him frustrated that he has to give everything up, lol. On the bright side, he has been preferring that I make his food for him in the oven more often than not, so that's a plus. He used to prefer the microwave. And he has been considering going raw vegan/811 to see if it helps with his skin issue, so I'll probably just keep trying to talk him into that. ;)

But still, thanks for the info!!

i can see his tomb stone now - "he died becasue he was very stubborn"

let me know if you need scientific stuff for him thats easy to digest.

My husband is this way! The fact that he now having "vegetarian days" is a MIRACLE. Some people just have to learn slowly. If you lose patience you drive them away compeletely.

And yes, I could put that on the tombstone for most of his family:

"Drove everyone nearby completely crazy from stubbornness;

Eventually died of it"

Pbbbbt!

Microwave does nothing.

24 days, double blind study

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Hudsoy replied to Marko Karbevski's discussion Can DR please post a video response to this talk of George Carlin [the arogance in it is immense or maybe i've misunderstood it?]?
47 seconds ago
Mel Glovin replied to Meghann Mercer's discussion Chronic Pain and this lifestyle?
1 minute ago
Jeff Conway replied to Molly Marshall's discussion 1 month into LFRV: low blood pressured, fatigue, muscle pain, anxiety, insomnia?
2 minutes ago
portlyfatty is now friends with Katie Ann and Fully Raw Vegan Grace
15 minutes ago
portlyfatty commented on portlyfatty's video
16 minutes ago
Derek Tan added a discussion to the group Beginners in a fruitarian/raw vegan lifestyle
18 minutes ago
Greenman joined Alananana's group
27 minutes ago
Derek Tan replied to jojojnr's discussion first few days in the group Beginners in a fruitarian/raw vegan lifestyle
33 minutes ago
Patricija Arsenjuk posted a photo
51 minutes ago
Meghann Mercer replied to Meghann Mercer's discussion Chronic Pain and this lifestyle?
52 minutes ago
Kevin George replied to Meghann Mercer's discussion Chronic Pain and this lifestyle?
56 minutes ago
JoberrySweetnRaw replied to ♥ AimeeLovesYou's discussion Spring Into Action! Log your training here :)
1 hour ago
Kevin George replied to Karla Escalante's discussion calorie intake and studies
1 hour ago
Erin Reese replied to jojojnr's discussion first few days in the group Beginners in a fruitarian/raw vegan lifestyle
1 hour ago
Kevin George replied to Sarah Rebecca's discussion Scared to Eat More!
1 hour ago
Brandin Shaeffer posted a status
"3 days to recover from the damage done in vegas. had cow's cheese enchilada & was violently ill for about 12 hours. not proud of that :("
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service