30 Bananas a Day!

Chillies, Coconut Milk & Frozen Fruit..... oh, and New Zealand

I'm relatively new here.  Today is day 5 for me on the program.  So far breakfast and lunch are a breeze.  I'm so busy running kids and kayaks around that I don't have time to think about eating the wrong stuff but when dinner time comes around....

I use coconut milk in my smoothies as well as frozen strawberries and sometimes I liven up salads with some chopped chillies.  Am I screwing up my efforts by doing this?

Pleeeeeeeeeeease say no.

Also, how do I find 80/10/10ers in New Zealand?  I've googled it but nothing comes up.  I really hope there is a network of lfrv junkies this end.  If not, I'll just have to start one.

Views: 469

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Nova. 

Wicked ideas.  They all sound good.  Thanks for that, Raw Fruity Goddess!! :-)

have a break from the coco milk and chile and then add them back in after 2 weeks and see how you feel. Make sure your getting the same amount of early nights, water, carb cals etc. Then you will be able to objectively say what works for ya. :)

If your goal is weight loss, your better off adding in sugar to your smoothies than greasy coconut milk. The sugar you can burn easy via daily activity but to consume EXTRA FAT then that takes a lot of EXTRA work to burn it off. 

Good advice, thanks!  Unfortunately It's the creaminess that's appealing.  Just wondering .... I saw a youtube video of you saying you had an underactive thyroid which you cured.  I'm on thyroxin and a little nervous about ditching it.  Do you reckon I should wait until I start seeing results or just bin it now and give my body full control to try and fix it?

Some people find that frozen bananas add creaminess to smoothies

hi Vicki

Just came across this post from someone moving to Auckland soon from the UK who is looking to connect with 811'ers. Remembered you were looking to link up too. Here is the post http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/whose-in-auckland-nz-1?xg...

Thanks.  I've sent her a friend request and a message.

Chilies leave an angry red rash on my face and I feel kinda fried......unfortunately.

I wish my body would react to stuff like that.  Maybe a little more time on the program so I my body's messages can get stronger. 

RSS

30BaD Search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

THE RT4 BIBLE IS OUT!!! CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW

Latest Activity

Profile IconAimee Bresnahan, Aisling Heaphy, John Moses and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
1 hour ago
Aisling Heaphy joined Rich 2.0's group
1 hour ago
ednshell commented on Josef Klaeren's video
5 hours ago
Wippe posted a video

Full Day Of Healthy & Tasty Vegan Eating + Amazing Acrobatics Tricking Workout!

Yesterday was international tricking day so I had to go tricking which turned out to be one epic session indeed! Also the Finnish summer weather was amazing,...
5 hours ago
Josef Klaeren posted a video

Vegan Conversations with Meat Eaters

We got some PRICELESS reactions from the good people of Charlotte. First we entice them with delicious vegan food, and then use that as a starting point for ...
5 hours ago
Buddah Dylan posted videos
5 hours ago
Katie Kookaburra posted a video

CHRIS FROOME'S LOW CARB DIET | TDF2016 #CTFU #20

Looks as though Froome is going to win 2016 TDF... But what is he fuelled on?? Low carb, bitches!!!!!????! FOLLOW ME: ★ Strava: https://www.strava.com/athlet...
5 hours ago
ednshell posted a video

Why Raw? Lessons from a Vegan Triathlete and Cancer Survivor

Ruth Heidrich, Ph.D. discusses how she has kept metastatic cancer at bay for over 30 years by a vegan diet and exercise. This same program works for heart di...
5 hours ago
John Moses commented on TheBananaGirl's page THE RAW TILL 4 DIET EBOOK
7 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"Huge ‘UFO’ Seen Above Miami International Airport #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2aj7EBy"
12 hours ago
Koby Alexander Byerly replied to Koby Alexander Byerly's discussion Things leftover from your past lifestyle?
14 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
15 hours ago
FruitHunter replied to FruitHunter's discussion Can`t lose weight on cooked carbs no matter what I do :(
16 hours ago
Tai Tai replied to Vegan4peace's discussion PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS MESSAGE TO FREELEE (supermeat is not okay)
18 hours ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"World's Airlines Crashing At Worst Rate Since 2008 #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2ajWkbr"
19 hours ago
Taka replied to FruitHunter's discussion Can`t lose weight on cooked carbs no matter what I do :(
20 hours ago

© 2016   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service