30 Bananas a Day!

Chillies, Coconut Milk & Frozen Fruit..... oh, and New Zealand

I'm relatively new here.  Today is day 5 for me on the program.  So far breakfast and lunch are a breeze.  I'm so busy running kids and kayaks around that I don't have time to think about eating the wrong stuff but when dinner time comes around....

I use coconut milk in my smoothies as well as frozen strawberries and sometimes I liven up salads with some chopped chillies.  Am I screwing up my efforts by doing this?

Pleeeeeeeeeeease say no.

Also, how do I find 80/10/10ers in New Zealand?  I've googled it but nothing comes up.  I really hope there is a network of lfrv junkies this end.  If not, I'll just have to start one.

Views: 483

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Nova. 

Wicked ideas.  They all sound good.  Thanks for that, Raw Fruity Goddess!! :-)

have a break from the coco milk and chile and then add them back in after 2 weeks and see how you feel. Make sure your getting the same amount of early nights, water, carb cals etc. Then you will be able to objectively say what works for ya. :)

If your goal is weight loss, your better off adding in sugar to your smoothies than greasy coconut milk. The sugar you can burn easy via daily activity but to consume EXTRA FAT then that takes a lot of EXTRA work to burn it off. 

Good advice, thanks!  Unfortunately It's the creaminess that's appealing.  Just wondering .... I saw a youtube video of you saying you had an underactive thyroid which you cured.  I'm on thyroxin and a little nervous about ditching it.  Do you reckon I should wait until I start seeing results or just bin it now and give my body full control to try and fix it?

Some people find that frozen bananas add creaminess to smoothies

hi Vicki

Just came across this post from someone moving to Auckland soon from the UK who is looking to connect with 811'ers. Remembered you were looking to link up too. Here is the post http://www.30bananasaday.com/forum/topics/whose-in-auckland-nz-1?xg...

Thanks.  I've sent her a friend request and a message.

Chilies leave an angry red rash on my face and I feel kinda fried......unfortunately.

I wish my body would react to stuff like that.  Maybe a little more time on the program so I my body's messages can get stronger. 

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Profile IconRachel Swart, Keira Ballein, AstridGray and 2 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
1 hour ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
9 hours ago
James Cherian and Alexis Claire are now friends
Saturday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

November 11th Fruitluck Montage

We had a nice group at Maximo Park for a Fruitluck! The weather in St. Pete was great and so was the fruit! Mangoes, golden kiwi, grapes and much more! If yo...
Friday
Ben Trovato posted videos
Friday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. posted a discussion
Thursday
I'm 100% RAW:) and frugivore. replied to Sérgio Filipe Meireles Soares's discussion Fruit Diet doubt
Thursday
Rawberry replied to Rawberry's discussion Poop like sand?
Thursday
ednshell replied to Rawberry's discussion Poop like sand?
Thursday
Rawberry posted a discussion
Thursday
Wednesday
LRoland is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Wednesday
Toby Nwazor is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Nov 14
ednshell commented on Cassie K's blog post I grew a LOT of food this year on less land
Nov 14
ednshell commented on Plant Based Senior's video
Nov 14
Nov 14

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service