30 Bananas a Day!

Hi!

I was wondering, I eat a lot of tomatoes since I love them. I'd say between 5 to 8 a day. Could this be harmful or result in any side effects? I hear they contain a large amount of vitamin A, which can be harmful in some cases?

Thanks everyone <3

Tags: food, raw

Views: 4465

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, vitamin A present in tomatoes is not harmful, as it's not Retinol, which is Vitamin A issued from animal produce. Tomatoes however are from the nightshade family and some might develop allergies over that; so one should listen carefully for signs of such allergy.

Tomatoes are not harmful, however you need to make sure your diet is as diverse as possible so you don't end up lacking other micro-nutrients. Also, you should, for best digestion, refer to the food combining chart.

Finally, 5 to 8 tomatoes a day is nothing in comparison of how many pounds of tomatoes are needed to make a simple pizza, which some people, on the SAD diet eat on a daily basis for instance. Thankfully I'm not one of them, and I like tomatoes raw rather than processed.

I would also like to add that tomatoes are very acid fruits, amongst the acid-iest fruits available, and this might also be an issue for some; again variety in the diet is the best way to neutralize your pH.

RSS

30BaD Search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Profile IconNatalie Jade, LandM Health, Benjamin Weingarten and 7 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
1 hour ago
Linda Kay left a comment for LandM Health
1 hour ago
Jessica Rabbit replied to Sky Diaz's discussion Coconut Sugar. Do you use it?
2 hours ago
Isabella commented on Josh h.'s group Young-uns
3 hours ago
Benjamin Weingarten replied to Sky Diaz's discussion Coconut Sugar. Do you use it?
3 hours ago
Isabella and Phillip Robinson are now friends
3 hours ago
Isabella joined Josh h.'s group
3 hours ago
LandM Health left a comment for Essi
5 hours ago
LandM Health is now friends with Essi and Linda Kay
5 hours ago
Kaleigh Michelle posted a photo
5 hours ago
Kaleigh Michelle replied to libby's discussion Chicago vegans???
5 hours ago
LandM Health left a comment for Linda Kay
5 hours ago
LandM Health posted a status
"Hello! Just joined and would really like to meet some like minded people. If you're reading this please shoot me a friend request :)"
5 hours ago
Benjamin Weingarten posted a discussion
5 hours ago
Yana replied to Dale Dunnett's discussion 100 days in. Yay me! And advice please.
6 hours ago
Petar posted a video

Best Tip for Weight Loss

The number 1 tip for losing weight after cleaning up your diet & lifestyle sustainably. It's best to focus on fitness and the weight loss will happen. http:/...
7 hours ago

© 2015   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service