30 Bananas a Day!

I ran out of fruit and work today and those were my choices. I opted for the juice. After reading the ingredients I'm not sure I made the right choice

Strawberry purée, banana purée, apple juice concentrate, fruit pectin, vitamin C, natural flavor. It said no artificial crap and flash pasteurized. Should I have gone w the rice?

Views: 890

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bottled juice = more SUGAR, easier to digest

As long as you're getting enough calories from the juice. If not, I would opt for the rice.

Just my two cents :)

If you can eat plain rice without anything to disquise the bland flavor I'd say go with that.  They don't tell you EVERYTHING in the bottled, canned, packaged items.  This includes the chemicals in the container which is now in you. 

I would have fasted actually until I had the chance to get some food.  Fasting is good for one ya know. 

Fasted? I work outside in 90 degrees. I would have fainted. 

The juice wasn't optimal but it was all I could find quickly. Thanks for the advice! 

We don't support missing meals here on 30bad...keeping up the carbs is all part of the success formula. Missing meals is more likely to lead to bingeing so fasting instead of eating rice or drinking bottled juice goes against 30bad policy ORGANIC811LFRV. Thanks :)

Fasting is good if you have time to rest not if your on the go. If you can get juice without the artificial stuff i would go with that because it wont dehydrate you like rice does. 

I would go with the juice.

Pasteurization is cooking/radiating.

Not equivalent to digesting cooked grains.

Your digestive system suffers incredibly.

I don't seem to have any problems with rice.  My digestive system takes care of it like a champ.

That's what my friends say after they drink a load of beer and pizza..

Just because you don't notice anything, doesn't mean there isn't anything wrong with your digestion.

Don't go for the rice unless you really have to. It sounds like you drink one of those Odwalla drinks. I don't see anything wrong with them as far as temporary fuel if fruit is absolutely not an option. Hey, it's not optimal but it does get the job done when you really need to go on. I always try to carry at least some raw oil-free raisins with my dates and if the situation calls for it and I need my carbs, I'll go for the juice.

There's not much of a negative side-effect downing the juice compared to the rice. Think of that first. And if you have to eat the rice, don't feel guilty. Carb up rather than fast your body if you don't have to. :)

well i get back symtomes on cokked starches, but cokked fruit nearly noon, and  cooked vegetable nearly non too, hope it help :)....

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Rachel Rosen is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
5 hours ago
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
23 hours ago
Scooby the Cantaloupe Kid replied to Mikaela's discussion Thinking about going completely raw
yesterday
Theastrobuddhist posted a status
"Getting ready for my morning run then a 15banana smoothie"
yesterday
Matiss Vijups posted discussions
yesterday
fruity78 commented on Marina's group I'm single, you're single. Let's mingle!
Sunday
Plant Based Senior's photo was featured
Friday
Profile IconTheastrobuddhist, Megan Marie, skyler choudhary and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
Ben Trovato posted videos
Friday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Bitcoin Futures And The Need For Control #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2BSsFPE"
Thursday
Peter posted a status
"been busy,just finished picking 2 tonne approx. of yummy stonefruit ,I had to feed a lot to the geese there was so much,will postphoto soon"
Thursday
Ed Foulds and Love Banana are now friends
Wednesday
Ben Trovato replied to Mikaela's discussion Thinking about going completely raw
Dec 6
Ben Trovato posted a status
"New videos"
Dec 6
Ben Trovato posted a status
"Persimmons biatch"
Dec 6
Mikaela posted a discussion