30 Bananas a Day!

So I just got my results back and I have a few questions:

1. Why do I test negative for Soybean, Gluten, and Dairy allergy even though I have symptoms for all three? The only antibody present was Gliadin IgG which has something to do with my body's reactivity to gluten, but an allergy was not found - um?

2. Low Hemoglobin, Low Hematocrit, Low MCH, High RDW all indicating that I am iron deficient and/or anemic. For a 20 year old female, how much iron should I be aiming for each day? I'm finding it difficult to get 18 mg a day and usually fall around 15-17. 

3. Low level of Alanine Aminotrans (ALT) falling at 7 and the normal range is 10-50 - help, no idea what this means. 

Everything else though, spot on. Thanks for you time :D

Tags: blood, test

Views: 794

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If there was a like button in this forum i would have pressed it.

Did you actually get your iron/ferritin levels tested? If you do have low iron it can take months to correct, infamous for being slow to change. I think blackstrap molasses might be one way to boost your iron levels, never tried it myself but a couple of friends add it to their green tea. Otherwise maybe just try to eat more lettuce, I found I quickly got used to having 2 heads daily in my salad, takes me about 20mins to prepare and 40mins to eat now. 

Low haemoglobin and high RDW could be either B12- or iron-deficiency anaemia. What was your MCV?

The low ALT is almost certainly not an issue. As a women and a non-drinker with a healthy diet you would expect to be at the lower end of the reference range. When I had that test done my reference range was <45 (ie. no lower limit). I think most people on this forum would test v. low for ALT. Quick google says a result of <5 might be a cause for concern.

Kale and beets have lots of iron!

RSS

30BaD Search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

THE RT4 BIBLE IS OUT!!! CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW

Latest Activity

Francesca Fox joined Casandra Willis's group
3 minutes ago
Profile IconFrancesca Fox, Owen Einarson, atypicalbabe and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
3 minutes ago
Marie76 replied to Marie76's discussion Newby here!
52 minutes ago
OrganicMark posted a status
"DERIVATIVES PONZI COLLAPSING -- DEUTSCHE BANK IS ON THE VERGE OF TAKING DOWN THE ENTIRE GLOBAL MONETARY SYSTEM Bix Weir http://j.mp/1o7YrAE"
1 hour ago
Morgan Elizabeth Holder commented on spekgirl's group JESUS LOVERS UNITE!
2 hours ago
Stefan Nieuwoudt and Morgan Elizabeth Holder are now friends
2 hours ago
Morgan Elizabeth Holder posted photos
2 hours ago
Morgan Elizabeth Holder joined spekgirl's group
2 hours ago
atypicalbabe posted a status
"lunch today: baked sweet potato, banana, pear and dry apple jacks (i couldn't help myself). now back at my desk with 24 oz. of water."
4 hours ago
Ali Washington posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Mandee Lei replied to Marie76's discussion Newby here!
4 hours ago
Grzegorz Nowak posted videos
5 hours ago
Jack Green posted a video

If George Carlin Was A Vegan...

★ The Need To Knows of Veganism Ebook https://leanpub.com/jackgreenvegan ★ Inquire About Skype Coaching! ★ Support me on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/Jack...
5 hours ago
Katie Kookaburra posted a video

Q&A | BINGING!!!! How to stop...

And just to add, I didn't get this across in the video but please don't EVER feel guilty for eating what your body needs!! (And that is a lot of fruits, simp...
5 hours ago
atypicalbabe posted a status
"forgot to pack a snack for the office so i'm starving. can't take lunch until 1:30. luckily, my boss brought me naked juice."
5 hours ago
BrieSkyStar and Alex Curtis-Slep are now friends
6 hours ago

© 2016   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service