30 Bananas a Day!

So I just got my results back and I have a few questions:

1. Why do I test negative for Soybean, Gluten, and Dairy allergy even though I have symptoms for all three? The only antibody present was Gliadin IgG which has something to do with my body's reactivity to gluten, but an allergy was not found - um?

2. Low Hemoglobin, Low Hematocrit, Low MCH, High RDW all indicating that I am iron deficient and/or anemic. For a 20 year old female, how much iron should I be aiming for each day? I'm finding it difficult to get 18 mg a day and usually fall around 15-17. 

3. Low level of Alanine Aminotrans (ALT) falling at 7 and the normal range is 10-50 - help, no idea what this means. 

Everything else though, spot on. Thanks for you time :D

Views: 816

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If there was a like button in this forum i would have pressed it.

Did you actually get your iron/ferritin levels tested? If you do have low iron it can take months to correct, infamous for being slow to change. I think blackstrap molasses might be one way to boost your iron levels, never tried it myself but a couple of friends add it to their green tea. Otherwise maybe just try to eat more lettuce, I found I quickly got used to having 2 heads daily in my salad, takes me about 20mins to prepare and 40mins to eat now. 

Low haemoglobin and high RDW could be either B12- or iron-deficiency anaemia. What was your MCV?

The low ALT is almost certainly not an issue. As a women and a non-drinker with a healthy diet you would expect to be at the lower end of the reference range. When I had that test done my reference range was <45 (ie. no lower limit). I think most people on this forum would test v. low for ALT. Quick google says a result of <5 might be a cause for concern.

Kale and beets have lots of iron!

RSS

30BaD Search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

THE RT4 BIBLE IS OUT!!! CLICK ON IMAGE TO VIEW

Latest Activity

ednshell replied to SparkSunsya's discussion How can you get rid of gnats on bananas before they hatch?
1 hour ago
ednshell replied to 119 hours's discussion Are you vegan and worried about dying on Everest one day?
1 hour ago
Svein Daniel Solvenus replied to SparkSunsya's discussion How can you get rid of gnats on bananas before they hatch?
1 hour ago
Corinne Brown added a discussion to the group 811 UK
1 hour ago
Gary High-Fruit posted a video

Dr Oz show: Is LOW-carb a RESET BUTTON? Dr. Oz PUSSY-FOOT's around KETOgenic diet w "Dr. Axe"

Are they BSing us by claiming the Keto diet resets your body? Keto popularity is growing; started by internet hucksters and meat-shills. But Dr. Oz took the bait
1 hour ago
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

May 21st Fruitluck Montage

Yesterdays Fruitluck at Fort De Soto in St. Petersburg, Florida USA was awesome! Thanks to everybody who attended and check out the photos from the event :) ...
1 hour ago
Wippe posted a video

VEGAN RECIPIS: Antioxidant Bomb (A-BOMB)~(Black Rice, Purple Cabbage, Black Lentils, Kale etc.)

Take your health game next level with this black bowl of awesomeness aka A-BOMB aka Antioxidant Bomb! This meal is vegan OF COURSE, full of carbs, healthy fa...
1 hour ago
Manual Pedal posted a video

Cycling Interval Training

In this video I share how I go about my cycling interval training in preparation for racing and other endurance rides. Interval training will make you faster...
1 hour ago
Dhyana Flower posted a video
1 hour ago
ednshell commented on Corinne Brown's blog post my 18th birthday party in 5 months!?
1 hour ago
bdwyer1199 added a discussion to the group Beginners in a fruitarian/raw vegan lifestyle
2 hours ago
bdwyer1199 joined Anna's group
2 hours ago
Eva Hammer posted a discussion
4 hours ago
Ali Washington posted a blog post
4 hours ago
Dr.Wilco and Rahel are now friends
5 hours ago
Stephane left a comment for Cerys Kennedy
5 hours ago

© 2016   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by