30 Bananas a Day!

I've been a plant-based eater for 8 years. I initially ate a combination of starch and fruits/vegetables. I've struggled with binging for almost the entire time, and I don't really understand why I do it. I will eat continuously and feel so full the next day. It's a terrible feeling. I finally tried eating fruit exclusively, and it seems to help me. I don't consume nearly as much food. I had been doing this since February, but I deviated this past week. I ended up eating 2 cans of garbanzo beans, but I could have easily eaten another 2-3 cans. I also had a potato and my normal fruit routine. I do this with any cooked food, but garbanzo beans are definitely a weakness. Even when I have soup, I can eat an entire pot (serving size for 4-5 people). Does anyone else do this? I don't understand why I have such poor control.

Views: 311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've been eating the whole food plant based (vegan) diet for almost six years. Started off raw, first six months, then got back to rice, potatoes, quinoa, legumes, oats, cooked starch etc. With high amounts of fruits and veg of course.

Okay from reading your post I see you ate two cans of garbanzo beans, and one potato. That's approximately 1000 extra calories from healthy high carb whole foods. That's not a problem, you're not binging, no processed junk here, no high fat, you're good to go. If you ate 10 Clif bars, or two jars of peanut butter now that would be a different story.

I always binge eat, or actually not, that's just how I eat! When I go out to eat (only a few vegan restaurants meet my standards) I'm very specific to avoid all processed foods, zero oil, low sodium, etc. I tell the server I eat like 3 normals, seriously I get 2-3 of the largest plates of high carb whole foods. I always eat as much as I can, everyday. I'm 5'7'', 35 years, 130 pounds, super lean, and very fit, I need a lot of food. Binge on the daily, or just eat unlimited however you want to see it. 

I've found adding more lentils and quinoa less rice has increased my satiation. Also a serving of chia, or hemp seeds everyday feels good.

Hope that helps!

Exactly, plant foods are low in calories, you'll need to eat a lot of volume.

Yes it is very helpful for us.

I'm not a doctor and you might not like my advice. Eat the starch solution for one week. Assess. Then, proceed and eat the starch solution for a second week.

My guess is you will eat Big the first three or four days. You might even be eating big on day 7. But as you get into that second week, you are going to be achieving maximum satiety. 

It's very difficult to overeat on oatmeal on a regular basis. Aim for whole grains and legumes where possible. Whole plant foods are better than pretty much anything. As many vegetables as you want. Enjoy some fruit but try not to make it a massive staple on this starch transition. I know. I love dates and bananas too. They will be there when you want to come back to them.

When I first switched from raw food vegan to incorporating cooked Foods, the first 3 or 4 days I ate multiple pounds of sweet potatoes per day. Easily 3lbs sweet potatoes in a meal. After a couple days, I was like, man, I'm full.

I still eat big, but I commenced to eating what I consider normal given mine activity level. I tend to agree with Weston's reply.

It does not sound like too much to me.  You did not talk about calories at all, so maybe you are not sure about your intake, 2500 plus a day for men is good.  It may be that you are missing minerals in your diet.  You could try to add a head or two of lettuce or swiss chard to your daily intake and see if this makes a difference that you are seeking. 

RSS

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

VeganKeyes's photo was featured
yesterday
Ben Trovato posted a video

Low Dose Aspirin

Low dose aspirin and heart disease - does Diet have an effect? Baby aspirin reduces the risk of heart disease? Low dose aspirin prevents heart attacks? Heart...
yesterday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted videos
yesterday
Profile IconTimothy Lloyd, Molly Brown and Nhan Nguyen joined 30 Bananas a Day!
yesterday
Courtney Beth replied to Alison's discussion What is your fave savory recipe?
Tuesday
Courtney Beth replied to Navae Fionna's discussion QUICK!!! I need a quick dinner idea for my 4 year old!
Tuesday
Courtney Beth replied to Roar of Tiger's discussion Meal Plan for all nutrients
Tuesday
OrganicMark posted a status
"Bitcoin Is Now Bigger Than Morgan Stanley, Netflix, and PayPal #evolution #awakening #peace #truth #love #light #now http://bit.ly/2ylCu90"
Tuesday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Monday
Beth Kesler joined Marina's group
Monday
Courtney Beth replied to Una Ingebrigtsen's discussion Pregnant on Raw Vegan
Sunday
Courtney Beth replied to Lauren F's discussion Pregnancy and fat intake
Sunday
ednshell replied to Silvery's discussion What coconut oil do you recommend to put on your face?
Sunday
steven budden is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Sunday
Silvery posted a discussion
Sunday
Alex Curtis-Slep posted a video

Jason Derulo Goes Vegan!

Jason Derulo has gone vegan! The singer talked about his new vegan lifestyle with Men's Health. He's feeling lighter and healthier. Give veganism a shot and ...
Saturday

© 2017   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service