30 Bananas a Day!

I'm a bit confused about limiting avocados. My Abuela in Venezuela had a lot of fruit trees. She had mangos, nispero, mamomes, limes, pineapples, coconuts, and avocados. The fruit would go to waste if they weren't eaten?? I can't imagine limiting them??

Views: 1254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

avos are great - i love them and i live in a mountain that has some of the words fines avos but they are high in fats

olive = 100% fat 0% protein 0% carbs 

avo =  79% fat 4% protein 18% carbs

so out of the two the avo wins but dont forget the diet here is no more than 10% fats no more than 10% protein and no less than 80% carbs - so you can only ever have a tiny little bit.

Enjoy the avos!  The season's short and you can make up for eating more in the way of fat by going 9/5/5.  The key thing to do is average 80/10/10 over the course of several months or a year!  Plus I'm sure after indulging in them for a while you will end up getting sick of them or you will notice negative side effects from eating them.

An average size Avo (200g) yeilds 322 cals, 247 from fat, so eat one a day and add 2250 kcals of other food.  You want to eat 2 every now an then, go ahead.

If you're raw, you're still way ahead of the SAD diet.  start smashing over 500 cals from fat on a regular basis, and you need a lot more cals than I do that's for sure.  I'm jealous, AVO's come an go with the seasons here, usually rock hard, and ripening them is an art.  Oh, and expensive.

Thank you all for the great advice!!!

I would just eat them and see how you feel.

Avocados are yummy healthy treats

They not full of a "green fruit butter" like some people might picture, if you were to cook them they don't melt.

They are full of: Phytochemicals, Fiber, Vitamins, Minerals, Carbohydrates, Protein, and of course Fat.

They are high in Fat, 20-30 grams each depending on the size.

I take about 1/3 to 1/2 and blend it up with some Herbs, Tomatoes, Coconut Water, and some other things to make a Raw salad dressing, it's really good.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service