30 Bananas a Day!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my fruit and I power it down all day long, but by the end of the day I am just SO sick of sweetness that I want something bland. 

I usually rely on cooked potatoes after a salad for dinner to get the rest of my carbs in, and I cherish these potatoes because they're a nice break from sugar. 

However, I'd like to go more raw, perhaps even 100% (I'm around 90-95% raw right now), but by dinner time the thought of eating sweet fruit is just unappealing.  Is there any bland fruits that I can use?

Views: 1090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

tomatoes! When I want something that isn't too sweet I pick tomatoes. Heirlooms are amazing!

I LOVE tomatoes, I always put tons on my salad. The only problem is getting enough calories. But maybe I'll start eating bigger breakfasts and lunches & fruit snacks so I won't need many calories for dinner.

There are always tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchinis and greens that you can enjoy for dinner, there are also tons of sour and even salty tasting berries. Check out http://www.facebook.com/FruitLuck  for some fruits/berries that you might have not heard of yet.

Well I bought a few dragonfruits the other day.  Don't know if I ripened them wrong or what, but they were awefully bland.  I'd never bother buying them again since they were so tasteless and expensive.  (Again, it was my first dragon fruit, so it may have been my ignorance).

there are 3 varieties of Dragon fruit, the one you describing actually sounds like pink on the outside and white on the inside. They are mostly bland in taste. Here is more info: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=344934992252995&set=a.34...

Thanks for the info.  I will not totally write off dragonfruit then, in case I come across a red one!

i would say citrus fruit although it isn't bland but it give you some break from sweetness.

I do eat a bag of spinach that's a nice change from fruit. there is a few fruits that aren't sweet but i can't remember all the names. when i'm tired of sweet i try to get my fruit cool/cold, in ex I put dates in fridge or sometimes the freezer.

Nashi pears aren't too sweet without being bland. But I see you have a problem with core fruit.

what about stone fruit?

The problem is that the calories usually come from sugar --> sweet

good advice on the increased green intake I've read above. Dr. D's 811 book notes that between 2-5% of total daily cals should be comprised of fresh veggies. I'd make the bulk of this amount tender leafies.
For a nice round number, aim for at least 1 pound and go from there.
Some more green goodness info:
http://www.30bananasaday.com/profiles/blogs/greens?xg_source=activity

This may have already been asked somewhere else, but about how many heads of lettuce is a pound? I eat at least one head a day, usually, and sometimes two, and I'm wondering if I'm getting a good amount of greens with this much.

I've got a little kitchen scale and just weighed out a giant head of romaine at right around a pound.  You can experiment in the grocery with their scales, though they're not known for their reliability.  Still it'll give you an idea.  Also look at the boxed greens in the cooler section.  The largest of those will usually be 1 pound even.  

When I am sick of fruit and still need calories I eat sweet corn (either raw or thawed from frozen-- not 100% raw but I feel fine). Thawed peas (from the freezer and salt free!) are great, too.  You can eat them solo like popcorn, or in your salad. Cosco sells salt free, organic frozen corn, peas, green beans, and mixed veggies in huge bags perfect for 811!

RSS

About

TheBananaGirl created this Ning Network.

30BaD Search

Latest Activity

Made replied to RawVeganGamer's discussion Should I get a robotic dog or an organic dog from the SPCA?
yesterday
Deerav Moolani left a comment for tbyogini
Tuesday
Ronnie Bumbajukes posted a blog post
Monday
ednshell commented on OrganicMark's status
Sunday
pradtf replied to pradtf's discussion great site with nutritional research information
Sunday
Ben Trovato posted a video

This Guy Says Kale is Dangerous... #Wrecked

Christopher Walker Vegetables Debunked - Worst Of The Food Industry - Christopher Walker Testosterone. The Vegetable Myth. #WorstOfTheFoodIndustry Christophe...
Saturday
Ben Trovato posted a status
"New #WorstOfTheFoodIndustry"
Saturday
Saturday
Jacob Hafer's photo was featured
Saturday
Profile IconDonald S. Brazelton, liron amor, Lavesh and 1 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
Friday
HINA replied to Karolina Górkiewicz's discussion Anorexia though is killing me ... help
Apr 20
Apr 20
RawVeganGamer posted a discussion
Apr 19
Ronnie Bumbajukes posted a discussion
Apr 17
ednshell replied to Karolina Górkiewicz's discussion Anorexia though is killing me ... help
Apr 17
QueenKong is now a member of 30 Bananas a Day!
Apr 16

© 2018   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service