30 Bananas a Day!

How much nuts, seeds and avocados do you eat? Does one need them to be completely healthy?

Views: 261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think they are essential, but eating them in small amounts won't hurt. That said there are a lot of different nuts and seeds and some are easer to eat in there raw state then others. Nuts and seeds are for the plant to reproduce... Why would the plant/nature want us to eat them? I am currently in the process of slowly removing all nuts and seeds from my diet. Greens contain fatty acids in the right amounts. I does make me wonder why the 80/10/10 diet recommends 10% from fats, since this ain't doable for me without nuts and seeds, (more 90/5/5) but I don't have durians or avocado to available.

10 % calories from fat is a maximum value.

From the primal standpoint, humans are opportunistic and would likely eat these foods if available. If an ancient human or other great ape were to come across a squash and crack it open, they would have probably feasted on the seeds within. Have you ever seen fresh walnuts on a tree just as they are reaching maturity? You can crack open the shell with your bare hands and eat the nut meat inside. 

From a practical standpoint, at least for women, 10% is a better ratio to achieve and maintain fertility. Dr. Graham has even recommended a little more than this if the woman is breastfeeding or pregnant (based on posts over on the vegsource raw page.)

The argument about "why would the plant/nature want s to eat them" only holds if you are an ethical fruitarian. However, greens are included in 80/10/10 and we eat them despite the fact that the plant doesn't want us to. I mean, it kills the plant and the plants produce certain acids to discourage consumption (ex: oxalic acid in spinach.)

I dont eat any of those thing's. I dont think if eaten moderately it would be a problem.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Maya Fernandez joined Krista's group
5 minutes ago
lauren nicole daisy replied to Nick's discussion Sun-Charged Water & The 'Energy' of Fruit
6 minutes ago
Maya Fernandez replied to Abby's discussion Fruity Folk on Instagram?
7 minutes ago
Leeeeeeena replied to Rachel Zeng's discussion I have a chronic disease that makes being vegan hard!
8 minutes ago
Bite Size Vegan is now friends with Autumn and Yana
9 minutes ago
Maya Fernandez joined Kaitlyn's group
10 minutes ago
Phyllis Pascazio left a comment for Haven Raye
11 minutes ago
Leeeeeeena is now friends with Lemme Saunders, Nathalie Monica, Claire Coller and 2 more
12 minutes ago
Profile IconMaya Fernandez, Michelle Sweaney and 2 other members joined Anna's group
20 minutes ago
Bite Size Vegan commented on Bite Size Vegan's video
21 minutes ago
Rachel K added a discussion to the group 811 UK
23 minutes ago
lauren nicole daisy commented on Bite Size Vegan's video
25 minutes ago
Dylan DeWandel replied to Sunshine's discussion Starch
26 minutes ago
Petr Khavar posted a blog post
26 minutes ago
Phyllis Pascazio replied to Ashton Pietzman's discussion Motivation for anyone who needs it.
27 minutes ago
Gordon Johnson replied to Gordon Johnson's discussion I need your help, free HCRV book till friday
28 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service