30 Bananas a Day!

How much nuts, seeds and avocados do you eat? Does one need them to be completely healthy?

Views: 267

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't think they are essential, but eating them in small amounts won't hurt. That said there are a lot of different nuts and seeds and some are easer to eat in there raw state then others. Nuts and seeds are for the plant to reproduce... Why would the plant/nature want us to eat them? I am currently in the process of slowly removing all nuts and seeds from my diet. Greens contain fatty acids in the right amounts. I does make me wonder why the 80/10/10 diet recommends 10% from fats, since this ain't doable for me without nuts and seeds, (more 90/5/5) but I don't have durians or avocado to available.

10 % calories from fat is a maximum value.

From the primal standpoint, humans are opportunistic and would likely eat these foods if available. If an ancient human or other great ape were to come across a squash and crack it open, they would have probably feasted on the seeds within. Have you ever seen fresh walnuts on a tree just as they are reaching maturity? You can crack open the shell with your bare hands and eat the nut meat inside. 

From a practical standpoint, at least for women, 10% is a better ratio to achieve and maintain fertility. Dr. Graham has even recommended a little more than this if the woman is breastfeeding or pregnant (based on posts over on the vegsource raw page.)

The argument about "why would the plant/nature want s to eat them" only holds if you are an ethical fruitarian. However, greens are included in 80/10/10 and we eat them despite the fact that the plant doesn't want us to. I mean, it kills the plant and the plants produce certain acids to discourage consumption (ex: oxalic acid in spinach.)

I dont eat any of those thing's. I dont think if eaten moderately it would be a problem.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Carbohydancer posted a video

Don't Like Banana Smoothies? Try This!

A simple thing to try out with banana smoothies if you don't like them!
17 minutes ago
LJ Jackfruit posted videos
17 minutes ago
Peter Csere posted a video

Hunting for Strangler Figs in Naples/Immokalee, Florida

Strangler figs, or "ficus aurea," are a species of wild fig native to Florida, the northern and western Caribbean, southern Mexico, and Central America south...
17 minutes ago
cecilie malene posted videos
17 minutes ago
ednshell replied to Jen Garrison's discussion What to take to the movies?
22 minutes ago
ednshell replied to chocolatey's discussion VEGAN CHEESE anyone/?//
24 minutes ago
Profile Iconmillie goldsmith, Yonca, Zynell and 16 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
26 minutes ago
Jen Garrison posted a discussion
28 minutes ago
caroline replied to Dylan Meditates's discussion spiritual ascension
48 minutes ago
TwoWheelsOnly commented on Pete Obregón's photo
54 minutes ago
TwoWheelsOnly replied to VeganRunner's discussion Too many ripe bananas?!
1 hour ago
pradtf replied to Bite Size Vegan's discussion Vegan Pecan Pie Bites Recipe | Easy, Cheap & Raw!
1 hour ago
Carolina Antonella Mendez is now friends with Al Currie and Amber Page
1 hour ago
Taka replied to chocolatey's discussion VEGAN CHEESE anyone/?//
1 hour ago
Taka posted a discussion
1 hour ago
Daniel L commented on Pete Obregón's photo
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service