30 Bananas a Day!

Amenorrhoea and period issues - Need some material for a friend

Hi guys and ladies, a friend of mine, who eats cooked vegan, has amenorrhoea and her doctor say it is a problem she should be worried about and that she should not eat vegan ecc. ecc. ("NORMAL" BS)

I read somewhere that the period is not normal if it involves pain and (someone claim) a loss of blood.

I also know that not having the period (for a raw vegan) does not mean being infertile, and that many raw vegan women have had children even if they didn't have blood loss and period issues for many years and after becoming raw vegan.
A low-fat and without-grains diet makes period symptoms disappear, am I right?

I just don't remember where I read the notions (very basic) I know, and she asked me some sources of good information on how to treat or understand this "problem", because she is victim of the usual uninformed mainstream doctors & "worried mothers association" :D so I don't want her being worried about it and (at worst) leaving the vegan path...

Thank you so much!

Tags: Amenorrhoea, Period, Women, fertility

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ended up in the middle of one of these debates on RawFoodTalk a while ago. Here are the links I used to support the position that although a proper and complete menstrual cycle is normal and a sign of good health, bloody discharge and discomfort are not.

Thank you Rufassa, I will soon read them.

Excellent links Rufassa, thanks!
Thank you very much Debbie.
Is she very thin? If she is not getting them, I would make sure she is still ovulating. If her body thinks its starving, from not eating enough if that is the reason why, it will stop ovulating. Hormone levels go down. Thats really bad for the bones. If she is ovulating, no need for concern.

30BaD Search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

Latest Activity

Bred batter commented on Bred batter's blog post Hello world
10 minutes ago
Julian Montinaro replied to ﻻan mangostan's discussion serious plans of moving abroad one day - How to make it possible? in the group Where is fruit paradise?
47 minutes ago
Julian Montinaro joined Olive Fruitvegan's group
47 minutes ago
berny7 replied to Kathleen Scheenaerts's discussion spelt ?
53 minutes ago
berny7 replied to jim whit's discussion bananas make you fat and cause diabetes!
55 minutes ago
The Dutchman replied to Matthias's discussion tooth enamel/ sensitive Teeth
1 hour ago
Julian Montinaro replied to Matthias's discussion tooth enamel/ sensitive Teeth
1 hour ago
Gary High-Fruit replied to Gary High-Fruit's discussion Christmas Survival Guide...and how to help others (win-win)
2 hours ago
pethorasoth replied to Essi's discussion Can I just move to Thailand..?
2 hours ago
pethorasoth posted photos
2 hours ago
pethorasoth posted a discussion
2 hours ago
Profile IconClaire Meagher , WildNFree, Jessica Porong and 3 more joined 30 Bananas a Day!
4 hours ago
Yardi joined RawDadaLove's group
4 hours ago
mike8675309 replied to jim whit's discussion bananas make you fat and cause diabetes!
4 hours ago
WildNFree replied to Adam Zakaria's discussion Any vegans who come from families who are against the lifestyle?
5 hours ago
Jessica Porong commented on gmb's group Boston Low Fat Raw Vegan!
6 hours ago

© 2015   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service