30 Bananas a Day!

Amenorrhoea and period issues - Need some material for a friend

Hi guys and ladies, a friend of mine, who eats cooked vegan, has amenorrhoea and her doctor say it is a problem she should be worried about and that she should not eat vegan ecc. ecc. ("NORMAL" BS)

I read somewhere that the period is not normal if it involves pain and (someone claim) a loss of blood.

I also know that not having the period (for a raw vegan) does not mean being infertile, and that many raw vegan women have had children even if they didn't have blood loss and period issues for many years and after becoming raw vegan.
A low-fat and without-grains diet makes period symptoms disappear, am I right?

I just don't remember where I read the notions (very basic) I know, and she asked me some sources of good information on how to treat or understand this "problem", because she is victim of the usual uninformed mainstream doctors & "worried mothers association" :D so I don't want her being worried about it and (at worst) leaving the vegan path...

Thank you so much!

Bye!

Carlo

Tags: Amenorrhoea, Period, Women, fertility

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I ended up in the middle of one of these debates on RawFoodTalk a while ago. Here are the links I used to support the position that although a proper and complete menstrual cycle is normal and a sign of good health, bloody discharge and discomfort are not.

http://www.rawfoodexplained.com/repr...ngnorance.html

http://againstscience.com/2008/12/31/menstruation-an-amendable-illn...
Thank you Rufassa, I will soon read them.

Bye
Excellent links Rufassa, thanks!
Thank you very much Debbie.
Is she very thin? If she is not getting them, I would make sure she is still ovulating. If her body thinks its starving, from not eating enough if that is the reason why, it will stop ovulating. Hormone levels go down. Thats really bad for the bones. If she is ovulating, no need for concern.

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service