30 Bananas a Day!

A CALL TO ALL 30BADERS: ORANGUTANS ARE BEING ENSLAVED AND RAPED! HELP TO STOP IT! ACT NOW!

It seems humans have forgotten the meaning of the word 'Love'. This is a crime far beyond what the most wicked imagination can conceive.

I beg you to sign this petition against the use of orangutans as prostitutes:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/841/068/757/stop-using-orangutans-as...

It will only take a minute and it surely won't interfere with your busy routine significantly.

Please leave a message if possible.

Share this with as many people as possible.

Your help is of the utmost importance!

I'd like to thank with all my heart all of those who have signed the petition and extended their hands to help our tortured friends.

Be a voice to the voiceless!

Tags: Orangutans, help, petition, prostitution, rape, sign

Views: 2245

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, thank you so much, Kati my sweet fruity friend, for helping us put an end to such an unacceptable atrocity! I see you are truly a friend I can count on!! Thank you of all my heart.

I so♥♥♥Love♥♥♥you!!

Try sharing with others about this hideous crime to make more people sign the petition.

Together we can put an end to this and all acts of cruelty perpetrated by man against animals.

Thanks and Love to all <3 <3 <3

I just signed it.  In tears, sometimes people make me literally want to vomit.  Thank you for sharing this!

Many thanks go for you for having signed the petition and special thanks for having replied to this discussion, thereby contributing to increase its awareness!

The world needs more people who love and care about their fellow animals like you!

Continue to make the world a better place to live in!

Thank you for sharing this!

You can express your gratitude by sharing it even further.

♥♥♥Love♥♥♥

Shared it on FB and signed.

Thank you so much, my dear friend, for your efforts and consideration! Together we can turn the world into a better place! Special thanks for having shared it and replied to this discussion! Continue to do good to all beings in every moment of your life : )

♥♥♥Love♥♥♥

I am having some extreme difficulty believing this is true :/

Signed it though, just in case. 

thx lucid!

it is difficult to believe such things actually happen, but they do to dogs and cats as well.

here is more on pony:

http://www.vice.com/read/yo1-v14n10?country=us

and here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv8NlidN2wg

(go to 12:47)

the video is a good one btw and shows the difficult situation faced to save orangutans from human encroachment and exploitation.

there is an effort being made to combat the orangutan trade:

Indonesia steps up fight against illegal Orangutan trade

and this:

Pet Trade.  Indonesia is a 1987 signatory to the IUCN CITES (Convention on International Trade of Endangered Species) and has committed itself to an international campaign to stop the trade of endangered species.  It has also passed laws making it a criminal offense to trade in and own protected animals.

However, the capture of young orangutans for the pet trade is ongoing. In order for a baby or juvenile orangutan to be captured the mother must be killed first. Field experts say that on average, 2 adults are killed in order to successfully secure 1 baby.  Typically, up to 5 babies are shipped together in a single box, in hopes that one will survive the arduous journey. From December 2002 to June 2003, 40 orangutans were smuggled out of Indonesia to Taiwan, Japan, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Canada and the Netherlands.  The route typically begins in Central Kalimantan where they are shipped down river on barges carrying logs.  Eventually they end up in Jakarta from where they are shipped out to Thailand, Singapore or Malaysia.  The traders who are responsible for the smuggling of orangutans are extremely well organized, have international networks in place, as well as all the necessary Indonesian contacts in order to successfully get the orangutans out of the country via their main international airport. Indonesians that are given or buy orangutans are usually upper-class, well educated and seldom ignorant of the law. Many are police and military officers.  As of mid 2004, only a few small traders have been prosecuted while the bigger players go about their business undisturbed. If prosecuted, punishment has been minimal at most and serves to encourage smuggling.

http://www.honoluluzoo.org/orangutan.htm

since bestiality does chalk up a certain percentage on the 'pet' scale, it stands to reason that other orangutans are similarly abused (as mentioned in the video too, btw).

in friendship,

prad

Thanks for the info Prad. Put me right off my smoothie, really disturbing :(  

It's better to be aware though, I understand.

I would like to offer my wholehearted thanks to all of those who signed the petition and replied to this discussion and further encourage participation on this campaign by signing the petition, replying to the discussion and sharing it with as many people as you can.

As I promise, I will keep track of the number of signatures as of yet:

25, 695 signatures so far and growing...

For documentation purposes, I will also keep track of the number of views:

4-13-2012    19:21

♥♥♥Love to all♥♥♥

excellent that you are keeping people informed about the count daniel!

considering the sigs are 5 times the intended quota (5000), this petition is getting fantastic response!

in friendship,

prad

thanks for the kind compliments, prad!

i have only gotten this far because of your endless and tireless effort to help me and our friends who are suffering in human hands.

together, we can build a new and more just world where all beings will live together in harmony!

If you have a heart and care, please sign the petition and reply to the discussion. It will contribute to increase it awareness. Wholehearted thanks!

♥♥♥Love to all♥♥♥

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service