30 Bananas a Day!

I was at a raw restaurant with some friends today to grab some coconut water and I managed to talk with the owner of the restaurant and thought I'd share with you guys what happened :)  This was at Karyn's Raw in Chicago for you midwestern folk!  She said that she had been raw for 43 years, and I told her that I've been raw for 3 years but I started doing 80/10/10 about a year ago.  She didn't know what it was but knew about Doug Graham and told me "too many carbs!  too much sugar!"  Her friend chimed in and told me that she feels if she had one fruit in a day she could already feel it was too much sugar in her system.  They then told me that I would be rotting from the inside and that without salt, I'm my skin is going to get loose.  It just kinda shocked me that she was so adamant about how bad this was for me and hadn't tried it for herself or even really knew what it was.

I told her that I felt significantly better since I started 80/10/10 and how I wasn't the type to stick with something if it wasn't working for me.  She again kept on warning me about the dangers of too much fruit and said "Oh but what do I know, I've only been doing this for 43 years..."  And she even mentioned her love for David Wolfe :)  I found it surprising because I know how awful I was feeling towards the end of my two years on raw gourmet and how 80/10/10 fixed me up.  I looked around her restaurant and saw countless supplements, powders, and even non-raw items and it's crazy to me that she can consider this all to be healthier than fruit!  Just thought I'd tell you all my experience :)

loves!

Tags: 811, Karyn's, gourmet, raw

Views: 877

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's near randolph and halsted :)  902 w randolph

Oh good to know!  N & G also gives free delivery and I don't have a car :)  I got 100 bananas for 20 bucks (cheapest I've found here so far !), a case of tomatoes for 73 cents per pound, and a ton of other stuff!  Their oranges were a bit more expensive than most places, but I love the place, the people there are so sweet!

I  did Karyns detox and felt amazing and I loss tons of weight many years ago.  She is very knowledgeable and Genuine as she has lost many family members early to disease.  This is how she began eating raw vegan in an attempt to save lives etc. She studied the Ann Wigmore method etc and began a career to help others through education and food.  Her detox program and raw vegan education does not promote gourmet raw vegan foods however for many people this is a transitional and introduction raw vegan entry point.  Gourmet raw vegan if you remain on it causes big trouble way too much fat and salt.  I decided after 10 yrs years on the low fruit high veggie/supplement/green juices raw vegan lifestyle to switch.  I heard Dr Doug speak and what he said seemed reasonable so I decided to try his method and compare results.  So far I feel fine but I'm a Newbie and still learning/finding my way so its too early to tell. At the moment I don't have help/program/teacher or a physical support group like I did when I initially went raw vegan 10 years ago so its harder.  This open forum is extremely helpful and I've been reading Freelee's book and all of Dr Doug's books.   

Wowsers! Not long ago I found old notes I'd written about raw living. "Limit fruit; too much sugar" was one. I never followed it but once believed it enough to note it. Lies! Lies!

I eat raw gourmet a few times a year as long as its not too greasy or salty. Anyone that says fruit is bad and grease and fat is better is really confused! Or they are just addicted to making millions..

I've heard her say that humans are supposed to be fruitarians.  This was 3 months ago at an event.  Then a couple minutes later she cooked some vegan food.  She is a really cool woman but a little confused and I think mostly in it for the money.

I'm waayyyy too north in the state to know what you guys are on about xP

I suppose take a trip down to the city to see what Karyn's shop is on about. Could be good for teh lulz.

well guys I wouldn't judge her so harshly...To be honest I've never met her but I saw her videos on youtube a few years ago (interview with lilou mace) and she was the one who first inspired me to go 100% raw. (so i wouldn't be here if it wasn't thanks to her!)

Just because her passion led her to become a successful business woman doesn't mean she's after money. Yes she has a different philosophy on the raw diet, but hey that's what she believes in (maybe gourmet and regular detoxing works just fine for her?), but let's not throw someone under the bus just because that person has a different opinion on the subject...

Peace & love <3

RSS

30BaD search

Freelee & Durianrider Blogs

Durianriders Blog

Freelee's Blog

© 2014   Created by TheBananaGirl.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service